Should I do it?

I have a dilemma, working on Pinnacle status and don't know what to do.  I am currently in a "Spacious Oceanview Balcony" on a 14 night Independence of the Seas sailing (solo/Jun 1) and can upgrade to a JS but the cabin is an AFT (7412) for $500.  I understand it is considered 20 percent obstructed view.  My spacious Oceanview cabin is on the hump on deck 9.    I would get triple points for upgrading to this cabin.  Would you do it? 

34 minutes ago, Milwaukee Eight said:

Chasing P and your having 14 days on a cruise. Can’t beat that. 

I am excited. It is my birthday and now I will make Pinnacle on the "Liberty" with my bestfriends but won't have the ceremony until the Anthem with my husband!  🙂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Babe said:

I am excited. It is my birthday and now I will make Pinnacle on the "Liberty" with my bestfriends but won't have the ceremony until the Anthem with my husband!  🙂

$500 is a very inexpensive way to get 14 points.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Colorado Babe said:

I thought they did the ceremony on the ship when you turn Pinnacle 

1 minute ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

I would also check to make sure you do get triple points - sometimes the rules seem “fuzzy” with upgrades and whether or not you get the upgrade points or original booking points. 

You are correct, if the upgrade is via the RoyalUp program, then they will only get points based on the original stateroom category that was booked.

6 minutes ago, Grandma Dazzles said:

I would also check to make sure you do get triple points - sometimes the rules seem “fuzzy” with upgrades and whether or not you get the upgrade points or original booking points. 

Since the OP quoted an actual price I would assume that they are upgrading themselves by choosing a different category in which case they would receive the extra points. 

This was not a "Royal Up" offer.  I did receive  a Royal Up offer with  minimum bid of  $360 pp which would have cost me $724 if I had bid and they had excepted with no triple points.   Instead, I decided to call and see how much it would cost to upgrade and was charged to be exact, $552.00.   When I called back (after I posted here originally to do the upgrade) the first person apparently did the math wrong and the total cost went up $52.00.  I took the offer as I knew it was a steal.  So excited.  

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I thought they did the ceremony on the ship when you turn Pinnacle 

My husband will not be on the Liberty sailing but you can defer the ceremony for a  later sailing.  That is what I intend to do even though my husband will probably not care to be at the ceremony. He will never wear his pin and could care a less.  

• Thanks 1