Quite or Voice Vox use on Ocean Cruise?

MSEm

When traveling with Viking on river cruises, we were always furnished a "Quite or Voice" Vox to use to hear the tour guide while on tours.

Does Viking Ocean  use a similar type of device for the tours?

Also what is the size of the Vox ( voice box)?

Thank you

11 minutes ago, MSEm said:

When traveling with Viking on river cruises, we were always furnished a "Quite or Voice" Vox to use to hear the tour guide while on tours.

Does Viking Ocean  use a similar type of device for the tours?

Also what is the size of the Vox ( voice box)?

Thank you

Small devices for tours were in our suite but we never used them as we do not take bus tours.

Several people said that they functioned well but that not all guides had or used them.

We’re on Sun at the moment. QuietVox are in the cabins and we’ve been asked to bring them on some tours, both included and optional. 

Size is about 6” long, less than 2” wide, and maybe 1” deep.

weve also used them onboard as an astronomer has taken us up onto the top deck at night to explain stars and constellations.  He uses a laser light pointer, and with the Quiet Vox system we can all comfortably hear what he’s saying.

hth

Thanks for the quick replies.  I hope that the guides will use the Vox system. It makes it easier to hear the guide.

I did not like the vox hanging around my neck.  I purchased an Arm Band cell phone holder to hold the Vox when we were on tours. With the adjustable Velcro arm band, it would fit over shirt sleeves or jacket sleeves. The Vox will easily fit in the cell phone holder.

We will be boarding the Sun on May 11 for the British Ilse cruises. Hopefully the Astronomer will still be on board. What a great evening!

Thanks again for all the great info.