child rates

frannie

why does MSC say children sail free . we bookes a family vacation 2 cabins . In 1 cabin will be our daughter, son-in law and 7 year old grandaughter . . Its a balcony fantatastica 

cabin . we were charged $278.10 cabin fare and 143.73 gov fees and taxes . cannot figure it out if kids are free

The word "free" gets your attention why they use it.when I booked next year's cruise to take the youngest grandson .I picked the date (end of August) the itinerary and the port the itinerary left from.and compared cruise lines.msc beat the other cruise line with price and better itinerary.msc 7 days 4 ports ,carnival 6 days 3 ports .was 7-800 less so it worked out to child free for me.dont worry about the free word and do the math.by now you ought to know nothing is free.try Royal  Caribbeans buy one get one free offer and see how that works out for you.you won't complain about msc using the free word then.

Some are free and some not, you will need to find it out yourself. Trial and error. Most are heavily discounted though.

Ridiculous child fare price is the reason I stop sailing NCL after having my newborn. They also charge full service charge on 3+.

15 hours ago, thetaro said:

Some are free and some not, you will need to find it out yourself. Trial and error. Most are heavily discounted though.

Ridiculous child fare price is the reason I stop sailing NCL after having my newborn. They also charge full service charge on 3+.

Many complain about the full fair charge for children.  Although not all children aren't the same, some make more of a mess therefore that's why the cruiselines do so.  Some children grinding the cereal into the carpet, making messes in the dining rooms, cabins etc.  

I cruised with my littles ones 8 times and never let them do that.  However, not everyone's children are respectful and clean.  

• Like 1

I am with you.  Could not and still can not find a sailing where the children are actually "free".  Even on the website used to have a claim without restrictions about sailings in a certain time frame, kids sailing free.  When you went to book, there was no rate available for kids to sail free.  They have since removed this verbiage and now only show "kids 11 & under sail FREE* on select cruises visiting over 150 destinations worldwide (2 years old & under in the Caribbean)".  But even right now, I make a mock booking for a Caribbean sailing with 2 children under 2 and neither of them are free.  Just another reason why I will NEVER sail on MSC again.  Another misleading marketing tactic and unfulfilled promises.

I was fortunate to find a sailing before Seaside was even in service that kids were actually free.  Since then, though, no chance.

Edited by cmukid87