2019 NCL BLISS ALASKA - Feedback - Tips - Dailies

Now that we are on the cusp of the 2019 Alaska sailing season, we were wondering if those who complete their BLISS cruises could help provide some feedback, or other secrets / tips on the following items or perhaps post scanned images of:

*  Dailies for the 2019 Alaska Sailings

* What days of the week did the Beatles play the Cavern Club

* What are the nightly themes for the Dinner Buffet?

*  What was your best surprise on the Bliss and/or your biggest disappointment?

* Nightly Dance Parties - what days were the White Hot party?  Latin night, or any other theme 60's, 70's etc.

Thanks in advance from the groups of passengers sailing after your return.  We appreciate your time and responses.

IMG_2920.JPG

I am hosting a YouTube live event and interviewing Murray Lundberg, and author of the "Murray's Guide to the South Klondike Highway" and a guest lecturer for several cruise lines and a past tour guide in Alaska.  The show is Monday 4.29.19 at 9:00 PM.  

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Don't like the forced disembarkation by 8:00 for Port Valet, hadn't seen that in the past.  What difference does it make, and is it enforced?  We don't fly home till late on embarkation day and wanted a later breakfast before being asked to walk the plank.

Just got off the Bliss on Sunday. This was a memorial cruise for my mother so there were 12 cabins booked in my group. Here is just some feed back from the great cruise. Some of the feedback is just from me some from the group. ---The workers on the Bliss especially the General Manager Jovo and the group coordinator David did an awesome job in helping us set up a room for 30 minutes with a projector and screen for our on board memorial service.

All officers were very approachable and extremely nice. Been on many other cruise lines where they don't seem to have the time to even say hi.

Boarding---Extremely fast. No issues here.

Food on boarding day----We went to the local which was great but others went to the buffet which there were no tables.

CABINS---We had from a three person accessible window cabin to many mini suites. The three person accessible window cabin was extra large. Since this was my brother's first time cruising he could not compare it to other cabins. My sister and her husband and me and my husband had aft cabins. We loved our balconies and scenery but we thought it was tight getting into the closet. I thought there were more than enough storage for two people. Tip putting the shoes in the drawer under the couch. That way you can sit down on the couch pull out the drawer and grab your shoes. People in the other balconies loved their balconies. The mini suites seemed to be the same room size as a regular balcony room, but mini suite bathrooms have a double sink and a shower with a large bath tub. If that is what you prefer then get a mini suite. Everybody said their room steward was awesome. I had towel animals every night without having to ask. I know my daughter and cousin did also. I forgot to ask everybody else.

Shows--Everybody preferred Jersey Boys over Havana. The Beatles show and the comedians were great. My son and his girlfriend enjoyed the prohibition show. None of us made it to the glow/white party.

Bars--Great service everywhere. We went to every bar. The mojito bar with the Chocolate Cowboy and the magician bartender Bong was always entertaining. Lily at the Atrium was always a sweet heart. The guy at the Q bar worked his little but off and made us great drinks and shots. Michael and Rommel and the vibe bar and right outside the vibe are always great.

Best food that was included---The Local

Best specialty dining the Steakhouse and the Food Republic.

Best place to be for the glacier if you can---The Spa. Not many people and it is warm and relaxing. Best free space for the inside would be the observation lounge. People get there very early. Best place for the outside to view--if you don't have an aft balcony Deck 8 in the heliport that they open up just for this event. Another is the Vibe which they open up for everybody for that day. Deck 8 also is nice but you only see one side. The vibe is only on one side but it is very easy to look across with the door open to the vibe, to see the other side of the ship.

Gym--Too small--besides the spin class there was only one bike in the gym.

Best place to find an uncrowded hot tub and bar--Right outside of the Vibe on Deck 19. Bartenders Michael and Rommel will always treat you well.

Paid activities. The cars were fun and the lazer tag was a blast. I would do lazer tag again but not the cars. If you get behind a slow person they usually don't pull over so you are stuck. However, I think the cost is twice then what it should be. I would have liked to pay half and did them twice.

Free activities--The slide racer was awesome and the water was warm. I could not go down the other slide since we could not get off our rings. We only did a little bit of golfing since it was too cold and windy. We had some family members who enjoyed the game shows in the atrium.

Best place to relax and have a great view of Alaska on the ship--HANDS DOWN the observation deck.

One thing that everybody wanted was longer time in port. Rather skip one place and stay longer at others.

Overall another fantastic experience on Norwegian. If you have any questions please ask.

30 minutes ago, Alatraveler1 said:

Don't like the forced disembarkation by 8:00 for Port Valet, hadn't seen that in the past.  What difference does it make, and is it enforced?  We don't fly home till late on embarkation day and wanted a later breakfast before being asked to walk the plank.

We used port Valet and our plane did not leave until 5:45 pm.  We stayed on the ship until 9am

36 minutes ago, GINNY L said:

We used port Valet and our plane did not leave until 5:45 pm.  We stayed on the ship until 9am

Thank you so much Ginny L, we plan to disembark around 8:30-8:45 but will of course have vacated the cabin most likely by 7:15 at the latest. 

We like to arrive and get access to our cabin as early as possible when we start the cruise and it's not fair to expect a quick turnaround from the last group and then stay in the cabin much later ourselves at the end of our trip. 

But having to finish breakfast and be off by 8 was a little much.  Glad to know we can disembark a little later to fit our plan of touring Seattle before heading to airport.  That is what the Valet program is all about after all.

Edited by Alatraveler1
  • Like 1