Self Disembarkent --- 10:00 am flight-- Port Evergldes

loving goldens

5 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

Just wondering if this could be done I notice our ship will dock at 6:00 am...we would self disembark?   THOUGHTS???

Have done it many times. I always sign up for the first walkoff group carrying my own luggage. This group is typically off by 7:30.  FLL is only a couple of miles from the airport. I can usually see the ship from my gate windows. Grab a cab or Uber/Lyft. Usually at the gate by 8:00 to 8.30. 

Also have a backup plan in case the ship and/or disembarkation is delayed etc.

36 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

Just wondering if this could be done I notice our ship will dock at 6:00 am...we would self disembark?   THOUGHTS???

Easily.  If you get off the ship by 7am, you will be at the airport by 7:15am.  Have done it many times.  I book most of my flights between 9:15 and 11am.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Have done it many times. I always sign up for the first walkoff group carrying my own luggage. This group is typically off by 7:30.  FLL is only a couple of miles from the airport. I can usually see the ship from my gate windows. Grab a cab or Uber/Lyft. Usually at the gate by 8:00 to 8.30. 

Also have a backup plan in case the ship and/or disembarkation is delayed etc.

Just wondering what do u mean for a backup plan??? :)

• Haha 1

The ships generally get in quite early so the big question for you is what happens with your air if you miss that flight?

I would book the later flight but see what your options are to standby on the earlier flight if you get in on time and what the cost would be.

Did this 3 weeks ago = 3 ships in port - had a 10:15am departure out of FLL -  very easy -  self assist - breeze thru Customs - walk across terminal parking area to taxi - grab a cab - about $17 for the fare - at airport by 8:30 ish...our Security was light - even with the sniffer dog checking everyone's luggage - loved that!  

Would do this again.

Happy Sails!

Since the later flight is a reasonable 12 noon, I think that's a smart idea.  

I am always suggesting a 10AM flight is easy to make, but why would you when there is a noon flight?  You said it yourself you might be a little stressed, so it's not worth it.  Is it generally easy to make a 10AM?  Yes, very much so.  But in this case, it's really up to your comfort level with alternate arrangements should you miss the flight (very rare, but can happen).

30 minutes ago, loving goldens said:

Yes the difference between the 10 am flight and the noon flight is the 10 am flight is direct to Halifax the noon flight get us there after midnight....  that is why it is a bit of struggle to decide.. thks for the info.....   🙂

Personally, I'd take the 10AM flight and just line up for self disembark early.

But you made the comment about being stressed!  Don't want that.

• Like 1

We prefer direct non-stop flights.  Don't blame you for wanting the 10AM flight and like BNBR we would line up early for self disembark.   It's only a short taxi/uber/lyft ride to the airport.