Edge TA, 2019: FLL to Southampton, England

Lastdance

Great story about the Luminae bathroom. That is the problem with a lot of the "one hole" Edge public bathrooms is the delayed opening and closing - people just don't know how to work it. One woman got locked in that Luminae bathroom and had to have the frame removed the first week the Edge sailed. It's good that they are working toward having the bathrooms more accessible, but maybe there is a better way?

The leaky showers thing on the Edge seems to be a theme. The Spa looks great! Hope you left fully refreshed and relaxed. 🙂

• Like 1

Loved the spa photos....thank you..

.I had two great treatments there in January.

I plan to book something for our Nov cruise.  Probably just a massage or Reflexology...No more port pricing on EDGE as far as I know but heard we can apply the Elite discount anytime.... We'll see what they have listed in the online Cruise Mgr,  Still undecided about a thermal suite pass,  as we plan to do different things on the Nov cruise than we did in Jan...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silkroad said:

Katie,  I too have long, narrow feet, and Naots don't work for me (at least not those I've tried...thanks to zappos).

Michelle

Thanks Michelle, I’m not going to order them although they are quite attractive. I need something to tighten sandals to my feet.  Bummer.

On 5/3/2019 at 8:12 AM, Lastdance said:

Lunch and Brunch are the same; offered a total of two times on this cruise.  LPC is in the evening on certain nights...

So no more lunch daily specials? It’s closed for lunch except for the 2 brunch days? Nooooooooooooo.....

On 5/4/2019 at 8:29 AM, Lastdance said:

Okay...there was a lady who was stuck in Luminae’s bathroom because she kept pressing the open door button. Those restrooms are made specifically for those on a scooter.  When you push the button, the door opens and closes on a delay for the person on the scooter.  The lady that could not get the door open was continually pressing the button and not waiting; so it would not let her out.  The Aussie heard some noise and asked if she could be of some assistance.  The lady was so upset by this time that she yelled “ help!!!! This bathroom will not allow me to leave and my dinner is cold; no one has even come to look for me either!”  Long story short...the Australian lady gave her directions, but found that the lady had no patience whatsoever.  It took yet another several minutes...

Classic!!! 😂 😂 😂 Thank you for sharing!  

Sorry, I have been gone due my little four paws being taken to the animal hospital once again...she has an IV, but hopefully will be released this morning.  We were packed and ready to return home from Azores, but the vet shared a photo and said she was so much better with all the meds...even sent a photo!

This morning, we had a tour...gorgeous green and blues everywhere...Ponta Delgado lakes are so gorgeous.

As we were walking back to the ship, my DH noticed that his watch was gone...Breitling that I bought him 24 years ago.  We are hoping that he left it in the car...I will add photos soon!

2 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Sorry, I have been gone due my little four paws being taken to the animal hospital once again...she has an IV, but hopefully will be released this morning.  We were packed and ready to return home from Azores, but the vet shared a photo and said she was so much better with all the meds...even sent a photo!

This morning, we had a tour...gorgeous green and blues everywhere...Ponta Delgado lakes are so gorgeous.

As we were walking back to the ship, my DH noticed that his watch was gone...Breitling that I bought him 24 years ago.  We are hoping that he left it in the car...I will add photos soon!

Hope that Kelsey continues to improve! I understand how hard it can be to leave an ailing pet. We reluctantly left our darling Sadie when she was nearing the end and made many arrangements (including a written plan for the vet and a designated friend to make decisions if we couldn't be reached). She held on and the pet sitter sent lots of pictures to reassure us so that we could enjoy our cruise. I hope the news continues to be reassuring for you...

Ponta Delgado sounds beautiful. I remember when the Edge was there in November and it looked like a place I would like to visit.

Continue to enjoy your wonderful journey!! 🙂

• Thanks 1

Island of San Miguel...and capital...UNESCO Heritage areas...  cows are not brought to a barn to milk; the milking machines come to the cows...1 1/2 cow for every person who lives on the island!

47C5415A-8850-4378-85D8-765F75C55BC9.jpeg

0F2EAA69-188A-4EB6-9430-FC8E60F1689F.jpeg

919AF3BC-C85C-46F3-98AA-5A568DE817A7.jpeg

836B043B-4E21-4B2B-B419-50F80F3D24DB.jpeg

B378A037-AD56-4AB5-910B-5ABEA838C5F6.jpeg

4D0BBF86-2394-4F4D-A10A-E9029B3F9320.thumb.jpeg.3c8d04a148c30b927916b3fb10d6a925.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

Oh, how I enjoyed this...however, it really does not look good on me...haha! Squash, decadent chocolate with chocolate inside and creme brûlée...

A413EC4A-03ED-4A4C-AD81-453F3C1B2675.jpeg

FEFDA0A0-A5F5-4DE5-8A61-9234DB0E83A5.jpeg

79BFFCA8-CB5C-407C-B3DE-DD97FF977A7E.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Oh, how I enjoyed this...however, it really does not look good on me...haha! Squash, decadent chocolate with chocolate inside and creme brûlée...

Looks delish!!😋

Are those Luminae desserts?

1 hour ago, sparkopotamus said:

Looks delish!!😋

Are those Luminae desserts?

The cupcake was from OVC...in Luminae, I had the Dome that opens with gelato inside.  Our friends had half dimes with gelato and theirs was just to eat without the presentation .

D5467859-C39C-4AA4-9D42-EA0338C7FD05.jpeg

• Like 1

Hope your beautiful tour and  the lush desserts help keep your spirits up..hard to be away from cherished pets...worse when they are ailing .  Sounds like you have arranged for excellent care while you are away..all you can really do!

Thanks for the lovely photos!

• Like 1