Edge TA, 2019: FLL to Southampton, England

Lastdance

7 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Did someone mention shoes?  Okay, this new pair of Naots were purchased on Zappos and are so comfy that I can walk all over the ship in them from the getgo!  Inside, I have the smallest support from the GFS(Good Feet Store.)  Fantastic!!!

71489AE0-487E-4E34-84BD-530C9206593E.jpeg

Love your  lovely looking Naots and nicely manicured toes!

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, hcat said:

So they will offer lunch with the daily specials and keep the bakery going?

Plus offer the sea day brunch?

We have had conflicting reports ( some from X mgmnt)  which is why so many are asking about it!  We have our hearts set on going more than once in Nov....9 night cruise!

Lunch/brunch are exactly the same.  This is offered two different days on our 15 day TA.  Le Petite Chef is offered on two nights in the same area...it was not crowded for lunch/brunch when I was there, but that was at the beginning...

28 minutes ago, FlorenceItaly said:

Is it a full sailing?

As far as I know, yes...the people are very well-behaved, as everyone is polite when bumping into one another during lunch...that is due to the roll of the ship!

Edited by Lastdance
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Lastdance said:

Did someone mention shoes?  Okay, this new pair of Naots were purchased on Zappos and are so comfy that I can walk all over the ship in them from the getgo!  Inside, I have the smallest support from the GFS(Good Feet Store.)  Fantastic!!!

71489AE0-487E-4E34-84BD-530C9206593E.jpeg

Love the shoes and also all your pix especially your cabin😉. How is the fit of the shoes?  I have long narrow feet and worry they may be loose.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us, I’m jealous.  K

Do not laugh at my voice...it is so, well, hear it for yourself!  I am doing every bit of this on my iPhone, so be kind on this thread, or not!

Very cool - it's like we are there live!!  It looks so lovely - I do recognize the gorgeous view (being a member of the Club)! 🙂

• Like 1

On 5/2/2019 at 7:25 AM, Lastdance said:

Our cabin/suite is wonderful; the balcony and bed have shared equal qualities of relaxation, and both with a view...one with the TV, and the other with the wake.  Oh, life is so good...

What's New: the S1’s(not corner aft S1’s) have a shower door now...S2’s also, I believe.  That should make people happy.  The configuration of the bathroom is what allows or does not allow this.  Sorry, but I forgot to take a photo.

7238AA62-5F34-41C7-B208-C32C334FA1FA.jpeg

9557A0FB-929E-49E5-B756-3986BE560640.jpeg

Love the fact that you have lounges on your verandah, but those side chairs that Kelly chose still look like the folding chairs that are used in conferences, church halls and funeral parlors!

• Haha 2

Our suite concierges are Cali and Isabella; both have been so accommodating  to us.  Getting a drink is The Retreat is very quick, as it took us 60 seconds...there is one more or maybe she has another capacity?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Oville said:

Love the shoes and also all your pix especially your cabin😉. How is the fit of the shoes?  I have long narrow feet and worry they may be loose.

Thanks for taking the time to share your trip with us, I’m jealous.  K

My feet are a wee bit wide, even though these are regular width.  Unbelievable comfort for my active feet and walking...

12 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Our suite concierges are Cali and Isabella; both have been so accommodating  to us.  Getting a drink is The Retreat is very quick, as it took us 60 seconds...there is one more or maybe she has another capacity?

Is Dimi still in the retreat lounge and deck?  He was fantastic and made my Old Fashions and my husbands Brambles every night!  Nice shoes!  I am going to look for them right now.

João and Denise were the Edge RLCs in December. A recent post from an April Edge sailing said there were three RLCs. Any sign of a third?  

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, riredsox said:

Is Dimi still in the retreat lounge and deck?  He was fantastic and made my Old Fashions and my husbands Brambles every night!  Nice shoes!  I am going to look for them right now.

I will have to check and see; this morning I had a macchiato that was so good, even though at first, I was told one could not be made...yes!

Edited by Lastdance

1 hour ago, sparkopotamus said:

João and Denise were the Edge RLCs in December. A recent post from an April Edge sailing said there were three RLCs. Any sign of a third?  

Actually, there was a third one, but I thought she was a supervisor, as she was giving directions...so, she would make three!  The third one is the charm...

Edited by Lastdance

I received some great news about our TA; actually, It was written down for us, but most did not read it.  From Le Harve to Southampton, gain an hour on the ship, instead of losing an hour.  I have not experienced that on a TA going eastbound.  For me it is the frosting on the cake...especially if you want to fulfill the purpose of a cruise...

C5CF2981-2B8C-4802-B23A-7A8264AE6769.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance
To eat more cake...
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Lastdance said:

I received some great news about our TA; actually, It was written down for us, but most did not read it.  From Le Harve to Southampton, gain an hour on the ship, instead of losing an hour.  I have not experienced that on a TA going eastbound.  For me it is the frosting on the cake...especially if you want to fulfill the purpose of a cruise...

C5CF2981-2B8C-4802-B23A-7A8264AE6769.jpeg

Pretty funny. I’m still trying to lose the last 2 pounds from our April 7th Edge cruise.  I watch my weight carefully but on a cruise oddly anything goes like I’ll have a side of crispy bacon along with those Eggs Benedict for breakfast.  Huh, we don’t eat a pound of bacon a year at home but I need it on a cruise almost everyday along with a side of potatoes.  

Edited by Oville
  • Like 2

At breakfast this morning,(Saturday)I heard a lady sharing her feelings about the couches with only one side, as she referred to them...”If I wanted to sit on the floor, I sure do not need a couch to do it!”

The spa was offering a special, so I am indulging once again...hot stone message, shoulder, back and arm message, along with a foot message etc...75 min: for $169. My DH made me do it!

Love our captain, his jokes, and sailing talents...Captain Nestoroudis...

A50E4EA3-99EB-4ACF-92A8-39D82C010B00.jpeg

Edited by Lastdance

Gotta laugh on the Captain’s name, as that was on the computer screen!  Not the correct captain’s name at all!!!  Chuckle for the day...Capt Costas!

Edited by Lastdance

2 hours ago, Lastdance said:

Gotta laugh on the Captain’s name, as that was on the computer screen!  Not the correct captain’s name at all!!!  Chuckle for the day...Capt Costas!

That's what most of us called him on our cruises (never could pronounce his last name correctly). 🙂

Agree with the couch comment. It is a good pillow holder.

Enjoy the massage! Your husband sounds like a gem!! 🙂

• Thanks 1

A few pics of spa area below, but I have to share a funny story that was told to me by an Aussie before she went to shower.  As soon as she turned it on, water was pouring out from underneath the door.  Thank goodness there was an attendant with the right equipment to guide the water into the outside drain...I just had to share that one first...

Okay...there was a lady who was stuck in Luminae’s bathroom because she kept pressing the open door button. Those restrooms are made specifically for those on a scooter.  When you push the button, the door opens and closes on a delay for the person on the scooter.  The lady that could not get the door open was continually pressing the button and not waiting; so it would not let her out.  The Aussie heard some noise and asked if she could be of some assistance.  The lady was so upset by this time that she yelled “ help!!!! This bathroom will not allow me to leave and my dinner is cold; no one has even come to look for me either!”  Long story short...the Australian lady gave her directions, but found that the lady had no patience whatsoever.  It took yet another several minutes...

Spa Photos: waiting area, treatment room and spa bathroom...

CF43F99F-ABBE-436C-B20A-6E348AD99F9B.jpeg

899A047F-0BD9-470C-A959-778B021981CA.jpeg

F68A3058-7924-4CF9-BE93-5CF185DA6907.jpeg

1BE6FD20-BDF7-441C-BBC0-1A7272A4EEF5.jpeg

7F6162AA-3477-4AEA-9CC2-F2E898F3C308.jpeg

D15203F8-4807-4165-BF18-528FE7624396.jpeg