Dockyard construction question

meglet

Not going to be there until July, so it might be over by then, but how intrusive and noisy was the construction?  Will be on the Gem which has the berth near the cranes and all.  Was it too noisy to relax on the balcony if the ship docks starboard side to the pier?  That's where out cabin is. When did construction begin and end for the day?  Thanks in advance for any info.

1 hour ago, meglet said:

Not going to be there until July, so it might be over by then, but how intrusive and noisy was the construction?  Will be on the Gem which has the berth near the cranes and all.  Was it too noisy to relax on the balcony if the ship docks starboard side to the pier?  That's where out cabin is. When did construction begin and end for the day?  Thanks in advance for any info.

Why book a Bermuda cruise to relax on your balcony while docked at the port? You should be out during the day exploring Bermuda or enjoying the beach. 

It is a port so with or with out construction the dock area is going to be noisy. If any construction is still going on in July the hours would be during the day. 

8 hours ago, CookieShip said:

I was there last week on the Escape, I noticed a crane from my balcony, but didn't notice any noise from it. The only noise I really noticed, was music from the pool area of the ship (I think anyway).

Yeah, I didn't even notice there was any construction.  I only heard loud music and talking coming from Calico Jacks.

Does anyone know what exactly is being constructed?  I can see from various cameras that there is stemporary canvas covered structure adjactnt to where the Summit docks.  Also it appeared the old terminal building's roof was removed.

19 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

Does anyone know what exactly is being constructed?  I can see from various cameras that there is stemporary canvas covered structure adjactnt to where the Summit docks.  Also it appeared the old terminal building's roof was removed.

They were rebuilding the dock and the terminal building. The dock rebuild was finished just before the start of cruise season. Construction of the terminal building has not been finished. 

Edited by Charles4515