Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
meglet

Dockyard construction question

Recommended Posts

Not going to be there until July, so it might be over by then, but how intrusive and noisy was the construction?  Will be on the Gem which has the berth near the cranes and all.  Was it too noisy to relax on the balcony if the ship docks starboard side to the pier?  That's where out cabin is. When did construction begin and end for the day?  Thanks in advance for any info.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, meglet said:

Not going to be there until July, so it might be over by then, but how intrusive and noisy was the construction?  Will be on the Gem which has the berth near the cranes and all.  Was it too noisy to relax on the balcony if the ship docks starboard side to the pier?  That's where out cabin is. When did construction begin and end for the day?  Thanks in advance for any info.

 

Why book a Bermuda cruise to relax on your balcony while docked at the port? You should be out during the day exploring Bermuda or enjoying the beach. 

 

It is a port so with or with out construction the dock area is going to be noisy. If any construction is still going on in July the hours would be during the day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was there last week on the Escape, I noticed a crane from my balcony, but didn't notice any noise from it. The only noise I really noticed, was music from the pool area of the ship (I think anyway).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, CookieShip said:

I was there last week on the Escape, I noticed a crane from my balcony, but didn't notice any noise from it. The only noise I really noticed, was music from the pool area of the ship (I think anyway).

 

 

Yeah, I didn't even notice there was any construction.  I only heard loud music and talking coming from Calico Jacks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone know what exactly is being constructed?  I can see from various cameras that there is stemporary canvas covered structure adjactnt to where the Summit docks.  Also it appeared the old terminal building's roof was removed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, philpcruiser said:

Does anyone know what exactly is being constructed?  I can see from various cameras that there is stemporary canvas covered structure adjactnt to where the Summit docks.  Also it appeared the old terminal building's roof was removed.

 

They were rebuilding the dock and the terminal building. The dock rebuild was finished just before the start of cruise season. Construction of the terminal building has not been finished. 

Edited by Charles4515

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

We noticed some actual construction going on around Clocktower Mall but we didn't hear noise from the ship. It was nothing overwhelming.

Edited by marci22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just got off the Gem last Friday and do not recall hearing a lot of construction noise.  That said, I spent most of the day ashore and did not have a balcony. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • SAIL-AWAY GIVEAWAY - Enter for a chance to win a $3,000 Norwegian Cruise Line Gift Card
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...