Anthem of the Seas. Newbie to RCCL

Its been a few years since I have been on RCCL and I have a couple questions.  How does the regular dining work?  Previously we were assigned a time, dining room and table for the entirety of the cruise.  I have been reading reviews and am not sure that's exaclty how it still works.  We have set time dining.  Also is the escape room still on Anthem?   I see now reservations are required for many things and a lot are already booked so I have to try to take care of that once onboard.  Anything else that may have changed in the last 5 years but isn't talked about all over these boards?   Is bottled water allowed to be brought on board?  I understand that 2 bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed, is that correct? Thank you so much for any help.

15 minutes ago, pjinaz said:

Its been a few years since I have been on RCCL and I have a couple questions.  How does the regular dining work?  Previously we were assigned a time, dining room and table for the entirety of the cruise.  I have been reading reviews and am not sure that's exaclty how it still works.  We have set time dining.  Also is the escape room still on Anthem?   I see now reservations are required for many things and a lot are already booked so I have to try to take care of that once onboard.  Anything else that may have changed in the last 5 years but isn't talked about all over these boards?   Is bottled water allowed to be brought on board?  I understand that 2 bottles of wine per stateroom are allowed, is that correct? Thank you so much for any help.

Royal offers both traditional (two fixed times) and My Time (eat whenever you want) dining.

Royal allows you to carry-on two bottles of wine per stateroom, each no larger than 750ml, and 12 containers of non-alcoholic beverages, each no larger than 500ml.

1 hour ago, pjinaz said:

Yes, Anthem still has its escape room, and it's still no charge.  (unlike other ships)

Download the Royal IQ app now and it will activate once on board.  Sometimes it goes "llive" in the terminal, so check it there.  You may be able to make reservations that soon.

Thank you for this thread.  First tim e on the Anthem and I've been doing lots of searches to find info. Apologies if I'm asking things that have been asked before.

Firstly, are the kids clubs free and does anyone have experience of a 14 yr olds activities.

What extras do you pay for, apart from the special restaurants and roughly how much are they?  

If we all download the app, is there the facility to message each other?  We're from the UK, so will get charged for texts.

is the solarium free to go in, or do you need a pass?

Sorry, so many things going through my head!

thanks

I can only answer a couple of those:

I had the Refreshment Package (I think I bought it at around $20/day) and we carried on our two bottles of wine per stateroom, so the only thing I paid for was the $8 ace bandage I had to get from the medical center! I did get coffee, bottled water, soda, and fresh juice every day, but I did not pay attention to the individual prices.

We didn't use it, but my understanding was with the app you could pay a flat $8 per person and use that to text each other. We had internet, so we just texted each other using our regular phone apps.

You don't need a pass for the solarium and there isn't a charge for it.

1 hour ago, K8T said:

If we all download the app, is there the facility to message each other?

Yes, but there's a fee per device that covers the entire trip

1 hour ago, K8T said:

is the solarium free to go in, or do you need a pass?

Free, but there's an age restriction.

14 hours ago, K8T said:

Firstly, are the kids clubs free and does anyone have experience of a 14 yr olds activities.

Kids clubs are free. Have your child go to the mixer on the first evening -- hopefully, s/he will make friends and set up for the week. Often the group they meet on the first day is the one they hang out with -- whether for official, planned activities or otherwise -- the rest of the cruise.