Cabanas on Equinox

tkabrk1

16 hours ago, CulverCityCruisers said:

From what has been posted, those tan shades can be moved on a track to be open to the sea or lawn/Movie screen area

Thanks,  I think I'll give it a try.   i wonder if we would be able to watch the movie from the Pod if they are showing one that night. 

Newbie here doing the Equinox in January.. Wanted so badly to rent an Alcove/Cabana but looking at the pictures, very disappointed and changed my mind...  Was hoping for some privacy and shade but this doesn't look like either...  Not a big deal but thought it would be something different … not this time...  

5 minutes ago, Elaine515 said:

Newbie here doing the Equinox in January.. Wanted so badly to rent an Alcove/Cabana but looking at the pictures, very disappointed and changed my mind...  Was hoping for some privacy and shade but this doesn't look like either...  Not a big deal but thought it would be something different … not this time...  

Having been in the old version of the alcove a few times, I'm certain the new ones will have more shade than the old ones. The only time the bimini top provided shade in the old ones was when the sun was directly overhead. As far as privacy...you're on a ship with 3,000 people. It's more private than laying around the pool deck, obviously, but the lawn is generally pretty quiet during the day time. 

• Like 1

We booked a cabana on the Equinox for one port day this August-  Looking forward to trying it-at least once.  We like shade- and hope that the cabana provides us with enough shade.  If not- we only paid $99 and it is for a port day.  We are in a suite and will see what the suite deck is like.

Edited by Cruise a holic

3 hours ago, itsanita said:

Once you reserve one, does anyone know if they are assigned or if you can pick the one you want?

When you board, look at all the cabanas as soon as possible and choose which one you would prefer. Call the number for the cabanas (I think it will be on a sign near the cabanas, if it is like the other ships) and give them your preference. You will likely get it if someone else didn't already request it. It worked for us on the Reflection and on the Edge we actually saw the manager there answering questions the 1st day, so we gave him our choice and he wrote it down. If you are in a suite, the Retreat concierge may be able to request it, but since they are so busy the first day, I would call myself.

Watching a movie will depend upon timing. The daily rental has a start and stop time. I think it would be fun to watch a movie from one at night. 🙂

I’m just not sure what the value is with these, half decent value on a port day but then you can take your pick of good sunbeds/ seating on a port day anyway and with a drinks package and the grill i’m not sure just what you are gaining.