The Incredible Disappearing Cruise

PSULion

Any idea why the November 5, 2019, BCN to MIA transatlantic cruise disappeared off the Azamara as well as all other online cruise booking websites? I booked this a few weeks ago, and I have never seen a trip disappear, even if it is sold out.

Thanks, John R.

Edited by PSULion
Typos

I am on the Quest right now and asked the future cruise lady Friday what is going on with the cruise. Today she said she heard from Miami that they are looking at a change in ports for this cruise and have blocked bookings until this is straighten out.

Mike

24 minutes ago, SUBWAYMIKE said:

I am on the Quest right now and asked the future cruise lady Friday what is going on with the cruise. Today she said she heard from Miami that they are looking at a change in ports for this cruise and have blocked bookings until this is straighten out.

Mike

Can you say Cuba maybe?

I will be canceling this cruise if they have not decided about Cuba by the time final payment is due in about 5 weeks. I have a backup plan just in case. Hopefully Azamara will do the right thing and fully disclose before people are locked in (if they aren’t already).

i did notice that the following cruises to Cuba are still showing so maybe it has something to do with the US port (Key West) as I heard there were some problems going there and then to Cuba. 

27 minutes ago, BBMacLaird said:

But if you try to book it at that link, it errors out

We're very sorry

We are unable to process your request at this time. (# F88CF1698B00E33D80EFAC3860BBB651)

And it is not searchable on the website. 

12 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

But if you try to book it at that link, it errors out

We're very sorry

We are unable to process your request at this time. (# F88CF1698B00E33D80EFAC3860BBB651)

And it is not searchable on the website. 

I’ll see if I can find out when it’ll be “bookable” again. 

5 hours ago, Covepointcruiser said:

I am booked on this voyage and had no trouble accessing my booking on the Azmara site.

The booking was fine. It was not on the Azamara site and that traditionally been a harbinger of changes. Cancellations, itinerary changes, charters. Doesn't seem to be that way now. Hoping it stays that way.  😉

7 hours ago, uktog said:

The 11 night round Cuba 26 Nov that we will rejoin after the 5/11 TA is no longer accepting bookings on Azamara’s website 

As of this afternoon that sailing appears to be back on the website.

It's like a shell game.  Here, then gone.  Gone, then here. 😮

It’s received an email with a change of ports on this sailing.   Key West is deleted, we will also sail from Bermuda at 3:39 PM.    They are replacing Key West with Miami.   Doesn’t make sense unless we will go through immigration at our first stop in Miami.

That’s not the choice I would’ve gone with Azamara.  The ship should overnight in Bermuda instead.  This is a very disappointing update considering how much time they have to sort this out.  At least this year the changes were made prior to final payment.  

23 minutes ago, Covepointcruiser said:

It’s received an email with a change of ports on this sailing.   Key West is deleted, we will also sail from Bermuda at 3:39 PM.    They are replacing Key West with Miami.   Doesn’t make sense unless we will go through immigration at our first stop in Miami.

Would that not mean that we have to go through US immigration TWICE on this cruise?

Sure sounds like it especially if we make it to Cuba.    The first stop in Miami will probably give the most attention to the Azmara Crew as they have been in Europe since May.   I imagine Key West did not have sufficient Immigration facilities.   It’s too bad we couldn’t go straight from Bermuda to Cuba.

• Like 1

No word from Azamara yet, do they know that people booked this cruise and they would like to know where they are going? This is not good, and not our first time with Azamara.

It was suggested by some management at Azamara that there were potential challenges re Key West some months ago but then denied.  The itinerary changed to no Key West then changed back.  If we go into Miami we will all be hit by immigration twice they don’t differentiate between crew and guests. 

We really wanted a quick stop in Key West that was the attraction of this cruise for us.   The timings in Bermuda are now pretty rubbish as well. Unfortunately unless I’m wrong us Brits would have penalties to cancel and have flight consequences as well 

Given how many itinerary changes and cancellations we’ve suffered this last 18 months we must have really upset some gypsy recently 

• Like 3