Beverage and soda fountain cards on the Amsterdam

jennaja

We bought two $50 soda fountain cards (bought for $25 each) for our upcoming sailing, before HAL gifted us with 2 beverage cards in lieu of a price adjustment.  I doubt that we would be able to use $200 of soda and coffee in 14 days.  Is the unused  balance on either the soda card and/or the  beverage card refundable?  Or, do you think we could exchange the beverage cards for credit in the Pinnacle Grill?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.

The beverage cards are also good for alcohol. If you don’t think you will use $200 in soda, alcohol or specialty coffee I would cancel the soda cards. If you bought the soda cards on the HAL website with your credit card for your cruise you can cancel them. But you have a certain amount of days before sailing to cancel, I think it might be 3 days. Double check the website for the timeframe. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

You can cancel your soda cards up to 3 days before you sail.  I would do it as soon as possible.

Do you know if the beverage cards gifted by HAL can be redeemed for something else, or if they can be converted to cash at the end of the sailing?

You'll have to look at the fine print on the actual beverage cards.  While I don't think they can be used for dinner in the PG, they can be used for bottles of wine (anywhere), and, I believe, they can be used at the Explorations Cafe to purchase cookbooks, cordial glasses and anything else they sell there (that's why I suggest looking at the fine print on the cards).  I agree with the others to cancel the soda cards as those can ONLY be used for fountain soda.  You'll have greater flexibility with the beverages cards. 

If you keep the soda cards, note that you will only be refunded up to what you paid for those cards.  For example, if you purchase $30 worth of soda, you will receive no refund because you spent more than $25 on that card.  If you purchase $20 worth of soda, your refund will be $5.

Edited by Alberta Quilter
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, NotLikeBelleRosen,IHope said:

With respect to soda card; if you don’t use it they will reverse $25 charge at end of the cruise. You don’t have to cancel before cruise. We bought two, only used one, and they refunded the other.

Do you know if the same goes for the $100 in beverage cards gifted by HAL?  On the soda card, do they issue partial refunds, or only refund if none of the card was used?    They are $50 cards that we bought for $25 each.

On our last cruise we got gifted 2 $25 Beverage Cards by our TA. By the end we had $0.57 left on one of the cards. So I did not even inquire as to whether it was refundable or not, but I believe they are used it or lose it, if they are not bought yourself. 

• Like 1

I'm pretty certain the beverage cards gifted from HAL are "Use it or Lose it" (That's how it was with "Black Friday" beverage card) 

As to the $50 for $25 soda card;  Alberta Quilter stated above (Post 5) if you go over $25, you get no refund and if you are under $25 they'll refund the difference between $25 and what you charged. (My personal experience, I only had an unused card)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone, i'm new to HAL so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Me and My girl are going on HAL koningsdam and we bought 2 soda fountain card, we can you is in the main dining room or only in che lido buffet? thank you

3 hours ago, dada.mv said:

Hello everyone, i'm new to HAL so sorry if this is a stupid question.

Me and My girl are going on HAL koningsdam and we bought 2 soda fountain card, we can you is in the main dining room or only in che lido buffet? thank you

You can use it throughout the ship.

3 hours ago, dada.mv said:

You can use the soda card wherever sodas are sold.

Oh, and the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
:classic_wink:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, RuthC said:

You can use the soda card wherever sodas are sold.

Oh, and the only stupid question is the one you don't ask.
:classic_wink:

Thank you both, the doubt derive from the fact that the card name is "soda fountain"...so maybe something that you have to get by yourself and, maybe, that in the MDR is not possible. Anyway really thanks.