booking specialty dining on board?

kelly-NYC

Hello.  We're first time NCL cruisers and haven't cruised since before our kids were born.  Now that our kids are teens, we are booking our first cruise with them.  We just booked a July cruise on the Escape and want to book a dinner at Teppanyaki for a special birthday while on board.  It seems that booking for specialty dining opened up a few weeks before we booked.  There doesn't seem to be availability for 4 at Teppanyaki when attempting to book on-line.  Will we be able to book as soon as we get on the ship or should we come up with another plan?  I know it's a popular venue.  Thanks!

Teppanyaki is the most popular restaurant onboard. Tables are held for on-board booking, but making a reservation must be your priority as soon as you embark (especially if you are on a small ship with only a few Teppan tables). 

We just got off the Escape yesterday, and we booked teppanki for 4 on the date and time we wanted the afternoon we boarded no problem,  also was able to add a buying cagneys about 2 days into cruise we thought we would just try for fun and no problem whatsoever 

I couldn't get the times I wanted when booking recently for Breakaway (we did book the cruise at only 18 days notice!) for 2 restaurants and so went to the speciality reservations desks set up in Headliners on the first day (maybe somewhere else on Escape) and they sorted it all out, so I'd suggest that as one of your first tasks after boarding.

just a helpful tip I got on this board & it worked.... make sure you have the NCL app on your phone, then when waiting to check in (or waiting to board) access the app & you can go there to make reservations. I wasn't sure it would work but I was able to get on & made my reservations before we even boarded! Thanks CC :classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Cyclospora said:

Any idea how I cancel a booking that I've just made for Cagney's? Can't see where to do it in the NCL site.

You need to call to make changes to bookings.  You can't cancel online for some reason.