Bliss - Alaska Itinerary Changes - Info Inside

GrabMyWrist

Don't count on actually enjoying the extra 30 minutes in Victoria.  Even though we arrived at 8:00 last week, it took until after 8:30 for Canadian customs officials to clear the ship.  Disembarkation was rather chaotic with long lines on all the lower decks, but they did move quickly and by the time we got to the shuttle the line was minimal.

7 hours ago, Montykins said:

Can anyone tell me how quickly we will be able to get off the ship in Ketchikan if it docks at 7:00 am?

As soon as harbor clears,the ship. Pretty quick. Docks right next to town, so no delay there.

We are on the Joy at the same time. We miss Skagway entirely, which I'm not really happy about, as it is a nice little town to walk around, and they are going quite short on the port visit times. Is it due to the number of ships up there, or have port fees become outrageous? 

If I were getting to Victoria at 8.00pm I wouldn't even bother getting off the ship, as I would be having dinner and packing to arrive in Seattle in the morning.

We are on the 6/2 Bliss sailing. Got a similar email from our travel agent, although oddly the itinerary hasn't changed in the app/website. And ours wasn't additional time, it was a reduction in time by 30 - 60 minutes in Ketchikan (arriving at 7 am instead of 6 am) and Victoria (arriving 8:30 instead of 8). So that is odd. 

I would be so pissed if we missed Skagway, I'm sorry to heat about that experience on the Joy. It is the only long port! Especially since Joy doesn't hit Glacier Bay either, I believe. 

I'm wondering if the 5 PM departure time changes boarding times? I mentioned a few days ago, because we booked and checked in only about 9 days ahead of sailing, our only pier check in time options were 1:30-2 or 2-2:30, which didn't make sense with a 3:30 sailing. So I'm thinking arrival times stay the same and it is just allowing time for muster drill etc.