Captains Dinner Night Elation

TealK

Sorry "Elegant Night" Which seems to mean nothing these days as I sat next to a woman in her bathing suit/cover up in the main dinning room on Elegant Night. 

8 minutes ago, TealK said:

Sorry "Elegant Night" Which seems to mean nothing these days as I sat next to a woman in her bathing suit/cover up in the main dinning room on Elegant Night. 

On which ship? They do draw the line at bathing suits and in 20 cruises have never encountered this in the dining room.

And what ship were you on when you encountered the 4 girls in their bathing suits in the dining room on elegant night?

You seem to run into this a lot according to your posts.

Edited by Bookbug53

I don't think I "run into anything a lot".  It was on Carnival Liberty September 2017 when I was sat next to one woman not 4 woman dressed in her bathing suit with a cover up on with flip flops.  Your response has me caught off guard a bit. 

3 hours ago, TealK said:

I highly doubt this. 

17 hours ago, TealK said:

I don't think I "run into anything a lot".  It was on Carnival Liberty September 2017 when I was sat next to one woman not 4 woman dressed in her bathing suit with a cover up on with flip flops.  Your response has me caught off guard a bit. 

I think that bookbug was referring to this post in RCCL.  I added the emphasis.

On 9/5/2018 at 1:21 PM, TealK said:

I use the quotes because "Formal Night" isn't what it used to be in my opinion. I was on a Carnival cruise last summer and we were sitting next to a group of girls wearing their bathing suits with cover ups on for "Formal Night". Hopefully Royal Caribbean won't allow that.

8 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

Well I miss spoke, sorry for the confusion. There was one woman in a bathing suit and cover up that I can remember. BTW my Royal Caribbean cruise everyone was dressed correctly (following dress code) every night. I do stand by the fact that this happened once and I do not run into this "a lot", just once. 

14 minutes ago, Schoifmom said:

I'll also add when I went on my first cruise in 2006 there were many people dress in full on tuxes and prom like dresses at Elegant night. I was way under dressed as I didn't know what to expect when I was packing for my first cruise. I have noticed as the years have gone on that I am seeing less prom like attire and more cocktail attire which I prefer over reliving my horrible prom experiences. I'm a stay at home mom so getting dressed up is a treat for me so I tend to over dress for every dinner in the main dinning room. To each their own.

30 minutes ago, TealK said:

Well I miss spoke, sorry for the confusion. There was one woman in a bathing suit and cover up that I can remember. BTW my Royal Caribbean cruise everyone was dressed correctly (following dress code) every night. I do stand by the fact that this happened once and I do not run into this "a lot", just once. 

Not judging or complaining, just showing where he was probably coming from with his statement 🙂 

22 minutes ago, TealK said:

I'll also add when I went on my first cruise in 2006 there were many people dress in full on tuxes and prom like dresses at Elegant night. I was way under dressed as I didn't know what to expect when I was packing for my first cruise. I have noticed as the years have gone on that I am seeing less prom like attire and more cocktail attire which I prefer over reliving my horrible prom experiences. I'm a stay at home mom so getting dressed up is a treat for me so I tend to over dress for every dinner in the main dinning room. To each their own.

I understand.  I'm always within the dress code, but I have to dress for work, so dressing down a little is a treat for me 🙂  I do wish that the dress code was better enforced, and I have found that with the longer cruises people are more apt to be within the dress code for elegant night.

I just finished my short, 4 night cruise on the Elation this past Monday 5/27/19. All the people I saw eating the in MDR on Elegant Night really good nice. Ladies were dressed in dressy cocktail dresses and men had on suits, dress pants with dress shirts and ties. This was my first short cruise, I usually do 7 nights or longer and I commented to a friend of mine at how nice everyone looked on Elegant Night. I've also observed the same type of dressiness by cruisers on longer nights so I don't think it makes a difference if the cruise is short or long, you will always find those who like getting dressed up especially those who pose for their elegant night pictures.

19 hours ago, TealK said:

Booked for the July 13th Elation 5 day cruise out of Cape Canaveral. I'm wondering if anyone know which night is the Captains Dinner? 

Captains Dinner is always the 6th night of a 5 night cruise...😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I have been on 10 Carnival cruises and have never seen this.  I've witnessed a couple denied seating for inappropriate attire.  I will say that some bathing suit cover ups cover more up than some sun dresses I've seen.

She was completely covered but you could see her bathing suit tied around her neck and flip flops. She was also young, maybe 21-22 years old so there is a chance this was her first cruise and didn't know she needed to dress up. IDK I try to give her the benefit of the doubt. Also she should have been told she couldn't come into the dinning room dressed like that and again I will give the staff a pass as maybe they just didn't catch it. 

10 minutes ago, TealK said:

She was completely covered but you could see her bathing suit tied around her neck and flip flops. She was also young, maybe 21-22 years old so there is a chance this was her first cruise and didn't know she needed to dress up. IDK I try to give her the benefit of the doubt. Also she should have been told she couldn't come into the dinning room dressed like that and again I will give the staff a pass as maybe they just didn't catch it. 

I agree, she should not have been allowed to have been seated.

1 hour ago, TealK said:

maybe 21-22 years old so there is a chance this was her first cruise and didn't know she needed to dress up

pretty sure a 21 year old knows how to read, the rules are very clear. Would she walk into Morton's or Ruth's Chris with a bathing suit and cover up, common sense

20 minutes ago, coevan said:

pretty sure a 21 year old knows how to read, the rules are very clear. Would she walk into Morton's or Ruth's Chris with a bathing suit and cover up, common sense

I agree 100%!