Should I book now or wait?

I would book now.  Our last cruise on NCL we booked 2 weeks before sailing. Price was same as 2 months before.

If they have processed all bids for upgrades, there might be only lower cabins available.

We ended up only being able to get balcony not the mini suite we would have liked. But, cruise was good.

59 minutes ago, Ryanryanryan said:

I’m looking to book a cruise on the Breakaway the last week in July.  Should I book now or do the prices tend to drop the closer the cruise gets?  

If the current price and offers is what you are willing to pay and you think is a good deal then go for it.  Prices can (and do) go up OR down any given day.

19 minutes ago, EGgal said:

Book now and hold off paying it off until the final payment is due - you can always rebook if the price drops. Just call the 800# on the NCL website. 

OP is inside final payment and will need to pay balance when they book..

Its a toss up with me... Our 6/16 Escape cruise dropped $300 for balconies in the last 3 weeks..

10 minutes ago, Son of a son of a ... said:

The Escape prices out of NYC have been reliably dropping in all categories prior to sailing.  Many of the customers for NE ports don’t fly in so they don’t book early, thus cabins remains vacant until discounted 

That makes sense... I was thinking with summer, kids out of school, they wouldn't drop as much. I did notice for the the Escape sailing leaving today, it dropped a ton then it actually went back up! I went on a last minute rate for Escape at the end of April. Looking to do another (Escape or Dawn), but thought I would need to wait until Fall for the prices to drop a lot.