Kids Club and Birthday

My son is 17, the upper age limit for O2 is 17. 

If he has a birthday during the cruise, what happens?   Is he no longer able to participate or do they allow him to stay in the club since he was 17 when the cruise began? Any idea where I could find this answer out? 

Kids in O2 meet the first night.  Be sure he goes that night, when they tend to meld into groups.  The groups then plan get togethers outside the club.

Even if he isn't allowed to participate in official club activities after his birthday (which I doubt will happen), he will still have a group to hang out with.

I believe, but don't know for a fact, that the age on date of embarkation is the deciding factor in participation in the club.

I've always heard for the camp and clubs that the age on embarkation day is the deciding factor on age group placement. No so sure about if he "ages out" during the cruise if he will be barred from entering the O2 club. But then again except during free time on the video game consoles and the digital scavenger hunt for receiving their prize I've never really seen the O2 well utilized by the older teens since they are free to come and go as they please, by signing themselves in/out. On a side note I have heard of those in the lost age bracket 18-20 having their own evening "official" meet-n-greet, much the same way that single cruisers do in the library or an empty lounge at the time. 

I think it is based on the age at embarkation. Same thing on the opposite end where your child must be 2 when the cruise starts to be able to drop them of at kids club. If they are 1 and turn 2 during the cruise then you cannot drop them off at kids club once they are 2. 

4 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

If they are 1 and turn 2 during the cruise then you cannot drop them off at kids club once they are 2. 

they may let him attend if his is 17 at embark but it is not true that a kid as to be 2 years old on date of embark to be in the kids club. they have to at least turn 2 on the sailing.

52 minutes ago, pyropoodle said:

they may let him attend if his is 17 at embark but it is not true that a kid as to be 2 years old on date of embark to be in the kids club. they have to at least turn 2 on the sailing.

If this is true then someone from Carnival gave me bad info. I booked a cruise in October when my son will be 2 at the time of embarkation because they told me if I booked a week earlier I would not be able to drop him off at kids club since he would still be under 2 when the cruise started. Not really a big deal for me since there was no real price difference from one week to the next in this instance but if there was then oh boy...

2 minutes ago, RandomUser123 said:

If this is true then someone from Carnival gave me bad info. I booked a cruise in October when my son will be 2 at the time of embarkation because they told me if I booked a week earlier I would not be able to drop him off at kids club since he would still be under 2 when the cruise started. Not really a big deal for me since there was no real price difference from one week to the next in this instance but if there was then oh boy...

i feel like whoever you get on the phone will say whatever they want to say at the moment :P      We didn't have a problem when my son was turning 2 and this go around we are actually sailing on my daughter's 2nd birthday- departing the day she turns 2, so it's not an issue.   it could also be up to the counselors on the ship.   better to wait until they are actually 2 than to chance it

7 hours ago, RandomUser123 said:

7 hours ago, pyropoodle said:

i feel like whoever you get on the phone will say whatever they want to say at the moment 😛 We didn't have a problem when my son was turning 2 and this go around we are actually sailing on my daughter's 2nd birthday- departing the day she turns 2, so it's not an issue.   it could also be up to the counselors on the ship.   better to wait until they are actually 2 than to chance it

This is directly from Carnival's FAQ's:

• CAMP OCEAN cannot accept children under the age of 2 unless they are turning 2 years old on the cruise. There are no age exceptions to this policy.

In regards to the OP's question, the FAQ's state this:

• Note: As legal adults, 18 year olds are not permitted to participate in or use the Club O2 facilities or any other Youth Program facilities. This rule applies to all 18 year olds regardless of situation.

To me, this makes it sound like once they turn 18, they can't attend anymore. You're best bet is to talk to one of the Club O2 directors once on board.

8 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

This is directly from Carnival's FAQ's:

• CAMP OCEAN cannot accept children under the age of 2 unless they are turning 2 years old on the cruise. There are no age exceptions to this policy.

In regards to the OP's question, the FAQ's state this:

• Note: As legal adults, 18 year olds are not permitted to participate in or use the Club O2 facilities or any other Youth Program facilities. This rule applies to all 18 year olds regardless of situation.

To me, this makes it sound like once they turn 18, they can't attend anymore. You're best bet is to talk to one of the Club O2 directors once on board.

In this day and age, an 18 yr needs to be sure they are not in a compromised situation with someone under 18 so that is probably why .

Edited by Elaine5715