Upcoming Mediterranean Voyager Cruise - Random Questions

Jdell

Hi All,

Leaving in a couple of weeks for our first Regent cruise on June 25--very excited! Have a few random questions and hoping all you Regent experts can help out:

1) We have a large shipboard credit--can you give me some ideas about what one might spend it on to make the most of it--besides the obvious things such as spa treatments and wine/upgraded alcohol?

2) Wifi - We're in two of the basic suite categories. It says one device sign-on per room. Can you purchase additional packages and can you alternate devices with the one sign-on per room?

3) Could the ship's concierge arrange for any private excursions or private transportation needs (in advance of arriving in port)? Or can you only use them for the excursions listed on the website? 

4) Does anyone have any of the recent "Passages" daily programs from Voyager or another Regent Med cruise? Just curious as to the typical programming--day and night.

Thanks in advance!

50 minutes ago, Jdell said:

Hi All,

Leaving in a couple of weeks for our first Regent cruise on June 25--very excited! Have a few random questions and hoping all you Regent experts can help out:

1) We have a large shipboard credit--can you give me some ideas about what one might spend it on to make the most of it--besides the obvious things such as spa treatments and wine/upgraded alcohol?

Regent Choice excursions are the best but do have a cost.  You can book one online prior to your cruise and they will take the cost out of your OBC's.  Of course, there are things to purchase in the Boutique and there is also a Connoisseur Wine lunch that is usually wonderful - cost is around $350/couple.  Another way to get rid of OBC's.

2) Wifi - We're in two of the basic suite categories. It says one device sign-on per room. Can you purchase additional packages and can you alternate devices with the one sign-on per room?

Yes - you could purchase an additional package so both of you can be online at the same time.  It really makes a difference.

3) Could the ship's concierge arrange for any private excursions or private transportation needs (in advance of arriving in port)? Or can you only use them for the excursions listed on the website?

Destination Services is the place for booking excursions.  They do offer the use of a car and driver for a full or half day (a bit pricey).  To my knowledge, they do not book anything other than Regent provided excursions.

4) Does anyone have any of the recent "Passages" daily programs from Voyager or another Regent Med cruise? Just curious as to the typical programming--day and night.

Sorry - don't have a copy from Med.  Actually, the majority of things are the same or similar on all ships (obviously with the exception of port port information).  I might have a copy from our last cruise if you are interested.

Thanks in advance!

Responding in red below your questions above.

10 minutes ago, wcsdkqh said:

You can use multiple devices with the single login.  Simply logoff the first device and login to the second.

Yes you can do that (and that is how it was on Regent for a long time).  The problem with one login is that you have to share usage of the computer or any other device with someone else (unless you are sailing alone).  We had to do that on Oceania and it became old really fast.  My DH and I tend to be online at the same time.

Does anybody know how much it costs to buy added logins in the G and H suites?

we have been booking Concierge primarily for the early booking of excursions and dining reservations, along with the multiple logins. On our last cruise we became Silver so we get the early reservations in lower suites now. 

Sharing a single login would lead to marital strife. Our next booked cruise is in Cat E for the multiple logins. The price premium for Cat E on this particular cruise is modest so I didn’t worry about the cost difference. On many cruises I have looked at the price difference to book Concierge is quite large even with the hotel credit, which might make it more cost effective to book a lower suite and buy additional WiFi logins. 

26 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

Does anybody know how much it costs to buy added logins in the G and H suites?

we have been booking Concierge primarily for the early booking of excursions and dining reservations, along with the multiple logins. On our last cruise we became Silver so we get the early reservations in lower suites now. 

Sharing a single login would lead to marital strife. Our next booked cruise is in Cat E for the multiple logins. The price premium for Cat E on this particular cruise is modest so I didn’t worry about the cost difference. On many cruises I have looked at the price difference to book Concierge is quite large even with the hotel credit, which might make it more cost effective to book a lower suite and buy additional WiFi logins. 

I don't believe it's an issue of sharing a single login, but that you can only be logged in one at a time.  I think that's true--it's been a long time since we had to worry about it since when we made Silver internet became included; now you have to get to Gold. 

3 hours ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

I don't believe it's an issue of sharing a single login, but that you can only be logged in one at a time.  I think that's true--it's been a long time since we had to worry about it since when we made Silver internet became included; now you have to get to Gold. 

Actually Wendy, it is an issue of sharing a single login and it is an issue when two couples would like to use the internet at the same time. See below (copied from Regent website):

FREE Unlimited WiFi is included in the cruise fare and guests may access the internet throughout the entirety of all of our ships, including all suites, public rooms and outdoor decks. Guests may enjoy general web browsing, post photos to social media or check their email to stay seamlessly stay connected with friends and family. One login is provided per suite, which may be used on one device at a time. The login may be used across a variety of devices, from smart phones to laptops. Guests sailing in Concierge Suites and higher, as well as Seven Seas Society members who have reached Gold-level status and higher, receive up to four logins, four devices, per suite."

• Like 1

We are on the Explorer right now, one week into the cruise. We have been sharing a login, but have frequently both been on at the same time. I have no idea why this has been working, but it has.

Fwiw, we each had our devices remember our credentials, and haven't been prompted to login since the first time.

And the internet has been... acceptable. It usually gives us 5 mbp downloads.

On 6/6/2019 at 5:13 AM, cAPS lOCK oN said:

We are on the Explorer right now, one week into the cruise. We have been sharing a login, but have frequently both been on at the same time. I have no idea why this has been working, but it has.

Fwiw, we each had our devices remember our credentials, and haven't been prompted to login since the first time.

And the internet has been... acceptable. It usually gives us 5 mbp downloads.

Which suite category are you in?

We had a category F suite booked for an 18 day cruise on the Voyager next year. When I inquired about the cost of an additional logon, if memory serves me, it was going to cost over $500 for the voyage. So we switched to a concierge suite so we could have the multiple logons. Since we already had a pre-cruise land package, they gave us credit for the one night pre-cruise hotel stay that comes with the concierge suite so in the end, there wasn't a significant additional costs when compared to the cost of the additional logon.

2 hours ago, Mystictraveler said:

We had a category F suite booked for an 18 day cruise on the Voyager next year. When I inquired about the cost of an additional logon, if memory serves me, it was going to cost over $500 for the voyage. So we switched to a concierge suite so we could have the multiple logons. Since we already had a pre-cruise land package, they gave us credit for the one night pre-cruise hotel stay that comes with the concierge suite so in the end, there wasn't a significant additional costs when compared to the cost of the additional logon.

Wow--that's pricey....Ours is a 7-night cruise but I'll call to see what the additional Wifi charges may be.  

Thanks, all.

14 minutes ago, Jdell said:

Wow--that's pricey....Ours is a 7-night cruise but I'll call to see what the additional Wifi charges may be.  

Thanks, all.

Why not wait until you get onboard the ship?  You can look at the details in the computer room - speak with the computer person assigned to help guests and you will have the opportunity to decide whether one log-on works or not.  In any case, have a great cruise!

2 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Why not wait until you get onboard the ship?  You can look at the details in the computer room - speak with the computer person assigned to help guests and you will have the opportunity to decide whether one log-on works or not.  In any case, have a great cruise!

The reason to not wait is so one can decide whether it would be more cost effective to upgrade to Category E for the additional logins. That is why we chose a concierge suite on our next cruise. 

cAPS lOCK oN, what Seven Seas Society tier are you?  

10 hours ago, jeb_bud said:

CAPS lOCK oN, what Seven Seas Society tier are you?  

We are just silver, and in an F2. No idea why we can have 2 (or even more) devices on the net simultaneously. But my wife is posting to Facebook while I am posting this.

It's probably a glitch in the matrix, so I wouldn't advise depending on it.

1 hour ago, cAPS lOCK oN said:

We are just silver, and in an F2. No idea why we can have 2 (or even more) devices on the net simultaneously. But my wife is posting to Facebook while I am posting this.

It's probably a glitch in the matrix, so I wouldn't advise depending on it.

Probably a good time to let sleeping dogs lie. 😉

Dave

It appears that although lower suites and Bronze or Silver status allow for one login, possibly two instances of that login can be active at the same time. 

We have heard from people who were able to do this. It would be interesting to hear if anyone in those suites and SSS status were NOT able to log in concurrently with the same single login. 

Edited by jeb_bud
Fixed a typo

56 minutes ago, jeb_bud said:

It appears that although lower suites and Bronze or Silver status allow for one login, possibly two instances of that login can be active at the same time. 

We have heard from people who were able to do this. It would be interesting to hear if anyone in those suites and SSS status were NOT able to log in concurrently with the same single login. 

This is actually the first case that I’ve heard about when a lower category suite with, passengers that are not gold, that could log in concurrently with a single login (since the current policy has been in effect). This is likely an error.

20 hours ago, Sharle said:

We are gold now but when we were silver we both were able to be logged on even tho it said you had to be gold.

Depending on when you were Silver that benefit was grandfathered - we were Silver when they bumped the multiple logon perk to Gold but were still able to log on with multiple devices simultaneously.  Going from four to one would have been an issue for us so I'm glad they grandfathered it...

+1, same as Bill, they were very specific about grandfathering those of us who were Silver at the time of the change. I was working for a living then and it would have been problematic not to have the extra logins.