Galaxy Notifications While On Cruise?

CChamp

My wife and I are going on the Carnival Horizon in Sept. Both her and I have Galaxy phones that are synced to our Galaxy watches. We get texts, notifications, and general alerts through our phones onto our watches. I know when we get on the ship all that will stop being as our phones will be in airplane mode, but when we hook up to the Carnival app thru the ships wifi and schedule things to do such as shows, contests and the like, will we get those notifications thru our phones and onto our watches? Seems to me like we would. Has anyone done this? Thanks

21 minutes ago, CChamp said:

My wife and I are going on the Carnival Horizon in Sept. Both her and I have Galaxy phones that are synced to our Galaxy watches. We get texts, notifications, and general alerts through our phones onto our watches. I know when we get on the ship all that will stop being as our phones will be in airplane mode, but when we hook up to the Carnival app thru the ships wifi and schedule things to do such as shows, contests and the like, will we get those notifications thru our phones and onto our watches? Seems to me like we would. Has anyone done this? Thanks

Yes, as long as you have the app OPEN along with the WiFi, you should be able to receive notifications. 

• 3 weeks later...

I have galaxy phone and watch. I used the hub app last October and did not get notification on watch when I got a text through the app. The text are coming through app like facebook chat or other social media chats and not really like a normal text. I didn't bother to look into if there was any settings I could change so I can't say definitively that you can't get them on watch. 

This is not specific to Galaxy devices. Just put it on airplane mode and then turn WiFi and Bluetooth back on. That way your watch will remain connected to your phone and your phone will be connected to the ship Wi-Fi.

Prior response is incorrect. If the hub app generates a notification on your phone then you will get it on your watch as long as you have Bluetooth enabled. I am telling you this from experience. Using hub app to chat with my wife. I get notifications on my WearOS watch and my wife gets them on her Garmin watch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

On 6/26/2019 at 12:45 PM, webzila said:

This is not specific to Galaxy devices. Just put it on airplane mode and then turn WiFi and Bluetooth back on. That way your watch will remain connected to your phone and your phone will be connected to the ship Wi-Fi.

Prior response is incorrect. If the hub app generates a notification on your phone then you will get it on your watch as long as you have Bluetooth enabled. I am telling you this from experience. Using hub app to chat with my wife. I get notifications on my WearOS watch and my wife gets them on her Garmin watch.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This is spot on. I have a Galaxy Watch and S10+...you need to have WIFI turned on the phone to receive updates to the phone on the Hub App AND you have to turn BLUETOOTH back on to have the watch sync with the phone. The BLUETOOTH is the biggest item, most people don't realize that Bluetooth also gets disabled when the phone is set to airplane mode. 

• 1 month later...
On 6/28/2019 at 4:34 PM, JMKreno said:

This is spot on. I have a Galaxy Watch and S10+...you need to have WIFI turned on the phone to receive updates to the phone on the Hub App AND you have to turn BLUETOOTH back on to have the watch sync with the phone. The BLUETOOTH is the biggest item, most people don't realize that Bluetooth also gets disabled when the phone is set to airplane mode. 

Do you have to also be subscribed to the ships internet plan to get this to work?

1 hour ago, CChamp said:

Do you have to also be subscribed to the ships internet plan to get this to work?

Not to use the Carnival Hub app, no. You still have to connect to the ship's wifi network to use the app, but you do not need to buy one of the internet plans. Everything is free to use on the app except the chat feature. That's $5 per device, for the whole cruise.