Amsterdam Cabin Question

LewiLewi

I am not sure if it matters but 2556 is shower only.  I thought I would mention in case it does.  Both look like good locations.

We haven't cruised on the Amsterdam, but, do have a longer cruise on her later this year in October.  I am sure others will come along with some input.

Does anyone know what is across from cabins A6149 to A6163 after the  laundry room going aft on the starboard side?.  On the deck plan it shows a blank space, but are the emergency exit, etc across from those cabins?  Thanks for your help.

On 6/10/2019 at 8:45 AM, jertom said:

The Main Deck cabin does have cabins above but also the walking promenade.  Potentially could be noisy but our experience not a problem. Other inputs?

I do not think this is correct.  The 2xxx cabins on the Main Deck are BELOW the promenade deck (walking deck).  Those cabins are 3xxx.

3 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

I do not think this is correct.  The 2xxx cabins on the Main Deck are BELOW the promenade deck (walking deck).  Those cabins are 3xxx.

Sorry, you are right and my grammar was wrong. I should have added the word "above" to my first sentence.

On 6/10/2019 at 11:45 AM, jertom said:

The Main Deck cabin does have cabins above

2556 does not have a cabin above, it's some kind of work or storage space

Edited by catl331

2556 is directly below the open promenade area (right above bed) and then the balance of the room (sitting area/bathroom) is below office space  adjacent to Atrium staircase (it used to be the Cruise Directors office but not sure whom may use it now). 

As others have mentioned there may be some noise from crew moving the teak steamer chairs and washing the decks early in the morning, or from heavy walkers or illicit runners.  How much these noises might affect you would depend on your sleeping habits.  For me it would be no bother, for my mother it would be a major issue.

• Like 1