Swimming with Pigs Excursion

3 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

I don’t think the OP is referring to the Exuma excursion, just a relatively new one where tour organizers brought pigs to an island for people to swim with.

Agree. The Exuma location has a longer track record of having this "offering".

6 hours ago, mjkacmom said:

You really think dolphin encounters are less cruel than pigs, who are mostly domesticated animals, that we eat?

Ummmm.....you are the one who said that the excursions were cruel- not me!  You just assumed that I agreed with u, but I respect your opinion and thank you for your feedback......

5 hours ago, queenfrostine22 said:

I have previously voiced my opinion on these kinds of things and had some negative replies. Glad to see that the tide has turned in my favor this time. 

Pigs are not aquatic animals. They go into the water for the food that is offered.

They can swallow the sand-and die from it.

Dolphins do not deserve to be paraded around for human entertainment. Period.

I agree.  It's sad that people get entertainment out of making these animals do things that they wouldn't naturally do.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

Yeah sure fine people on both sides! 🙄

Care to provide any proof of your #fakenews 🤮

Your arguments are so stupid anybody with a brain knows it is wrong.... 🙄

Look....I really just wanted some opinions on this excursion from those that have actually gone and participated.  I respect everyone's opinions and everyone has a right to their own.  I don't think it is fair to call someone's opinion stupid or wrong....you have yours and they have their's .  Sorry, but just felt the need to speak up on this response.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

I don't think it is fair to call someone's opinion stupid or wrong....you have yours and they have their's . 

Sorry but if somebody claims dolphins should be happy to be kept in a puddle because they get free medical and EXERCISE... that is both of the above and just a bit too much! 😱🤮

These comments are not  an opinion they are neglecting facts and make totally absurd statements! 🙄

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

6 hours ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

It is sad to see how ignorant people are - as long as they think they can have a good time torturing an animal!

Most of the world has banned this cruelty but the Americas are the place to go if you want to hurt a dolphin! 😭👎🤮

I rarely agree with you😊😊 😊but you are 100% correct on this. If the dolphin is being treated for an injury or is unable to be returned to the ocean because of an injury (like the dolphins in the movie Dolphin Tale) then ok but just to pen them in to be used for our entertainment then I am totally against those. The pigs in Exuma were once wild and fended for themselves until they were "discovered" and became a tourist attraction. The pigs being used for these pig swimming excursions are domestic pigs and did not choose to swim in the ocean.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, SuiteLady said:

Look....I really just wanted some opinions on this excursion from those that have actually gone and participated.  I respect everyone's opinions and everyone has a right to their own.  I don't think it is fair to call someone's opinion stupid or wrong....you have yours and they have their's .  Sorry, but just felt the need to speak up on this response.

reviews are mixed on the pig excursion with many people really enjoying the experience with the pigs. If you are comfortable with animal interactions then you will probably enjoy it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time4u2go said:

I agree.  It's sad that people get entertainment out of making these animals do things that they wouldn't naturally do.

It can't be an worse than turning a pineapple upside down and passing it off as "acceptable".

But yes...pigs naturally don't fly or swim...but they can be taught to swim. While some actually seem to like doing it...this is just another form of weak entertainment for humans. 

But we also don't buy the whole "torture" description someone used regarding animal participation in various activities - that's just too over-the-top exaggeration.

38 minutes ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

It can't be an worse than turning a pineapple upside down and passing it off as "acceptable".

But yes...pigs naturally don't fly or swim...but they can be taught to swim. While some actually seem to like doing it...this is just another form of weak entertainment for humans. 

But we also don't buy the whole "torture" description someone used regarding animal participation in various activities - that's just too over-the-top exaggeration.

Since we aren't dolphins, I guess we can never know for sure.

2 hours ago, blueridgemama said:

I rarely agree with you😊😊 😊but you are 100% correct on this. If the dolphin is being treated for an injury or is unable to be returned to the ocean because of an injury (like the dolphins in the movie Dolphin Tale) then ok but just to pen them in to be used for our entertainment then I am totally against those. The pigs in Exuma were once wild and fended for themselves until they were "discovered" and became a tourist attraction. The pigs being used for these pig swimming excursions are domestic pigs and did not choose to swim in the ocean.

Agreed.  I have to think that dolphins would rather be in their natural habitat than penned up in man-made enclosures.

2 hours ago, CRUISEFAN0001 said:

I have no desire to swim with the pigs.  But I have to say that the idea of a pig swim instructor just struck me as funny.  😀

On 6/7/2019 at 5:07 PM, maria1122 said:

I can’t even think about swimming in water where pigs relive them self’s. 🐖

LOL - you might not want to think about where fish go!  😮

LoL....I appreciate everyone's posts of concern and humor!  Seems like most have an opinion, one way or the other on this excursion, but no one has actually done this??  I originally posted out of curiosity, not so much that I would actually do this excursion and wanted to hear from those that have actually done this and what they thought of it....guess not too many and I suppose that speaks volume........Thanks again for all the feedback and if you have done this excursion, please let me know what your thoughts are!

• Like 1