Passenger overboard from Epic

JoeTec

3 hours ago, ollienbertsmum said:

This happened on our first Med Cruise when a young woman went overboard between Rome and Naples.  The way that the cruise carried on “as normal” once the condolences message was given out over the tannoy was quite surreal. But what else can they do?

Here's surreal for you:; being on a cruise the  day of 9/11, and having a piano player play in the ship's atrium while in a nearby public lounge, a large screen tv is showing the devastation. 

6 hours ago, FranknBeans said:

Just another reason to stop the booze pkgs.

what if it was a teenager who had nothing to drink but was clowning around crawling between balconies? What if it was someone who committed suicide?  What if alcohol wasn't involved at all?

Your solution is a reaction to  a nonexistent problem.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, FranknBeans said:

Just another reason to stop the booze pkgs.

Really Frank.... Give me a break.... 

You don’t have a flipping clue whether this was alcohol related....

Lets say it was.. Should the world ban anything that the .0001% can’t handle?...

That statement was idiotic and uncalled for!!!!!!! Inflammatory, judgemental, and short sided... 

I’m sorry to the rest of the people who have to read my rant but I can’t stand it when people like this individual want to make rash judgements drives me absolutely bonkers....

OK , I feel better now.. 😂 

• Like 11

3 minutes ago, zqvol said:

what if it was a teenager who had nothing to drink but was clowning around crawling between balconies? What if it was someone who committed suicide?  What if alcohol wasn't involved at all?

Your solution is a reaction to  a nonexistent problem.

zq.... Great minds think alike... you were typing at the same time I was... People are amazing aren’t they!!!!???

I guess truth hurts!

We have many many cruises under our belt and was also on the ship where the woman climbing over to next balcony and fell. Stupidity or drunk no difference.

Speaking of stupidity we have seen more than our share of it since the the pkg was introduced, including fights at the pool, obnoxiousness of pax dining in the outside area of the specialty dining venues to the point that we asked to be moved to inside.  

Edited by FranknBeans
addition

15 hours ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

I have no respect for  people who try and don't succeed as they are  just attention getters and teenagers should not be allowed to purchase pkg just like they did years ago at  March break.

2 minutes ago, FranknBeans said:

I have no respect for  people who try and don't succeed as they are  just attention getters and teenagers should not be allowed to purchase pkg just like they did years ago at  March break.

I have no idea what your saying he Frank???

if your not 21 you CANNOT purchase the alcohol package or get it as a perk. You’re given the soda package. I know this as a FACT as I have an 18 yr old and 19 yr old son and daughter traveling with us this coning weekend on the Escape. They are allowed to drink beer and wine but have to pay for it so ur theory is just wrong...

And even if they could should we not let my responsible children drink because someone who you have no idea about jumps off the ship drunk?(Your thought)

You don’t shut the world down for a few bad actors do we??? Well maybe in your twisted snowflake world...

Enjoy it.. I’ll enjoy my beverage package next week that’s for sure..

and btw was t it a 63 yr old woman

19 minutes ago, crewsweeper said:

OK so....I'm confused.  Was it a teenage girl last seen by CCTV entering her cabin at 1AM?  Or was it a 63 year old woman not seen by her husband since earlier in the evening?  Or was it both?

Well NC says 63 year old but word on the ship was 15 year old.  Unsure if that was just a rumor. Having heard a lot onboard about a teenage girl from other pax it was surprising to read NCL’s official statement that she was 63

1 hour ago, FranknBeans said:

Did you really just say you have no respect for people who try to commit suicide but don't succeed, and they are just attention getters?  How is this not grounds for immediate banning from this forum? 

• Like 8

41 minutes ago, MrMike45 said:

Did you really just say you have no respect for people who try to commit suicide but don't succeed, and they are just attention getters?  How is this not grounds for immediate banning from this forum? 

The way I read it at first was he doesn’t respect the teenagers climbing around for attention, but....now that I reread it it does seem a little more arbitrary.

17 hours ago, Hockeydad1972 said:

Really Frank.... Give me a break.... 

You don’t have a flipping clue whether this was alcohol related....

Lets say it was.. Should the world ban anything that the .0001% can’t handle?...

That statement was idiotic and uncalled for!!!!!!! Inflammatory, judgemental, and short sided... 

I’m sorry to the rest of the people who have to read my rant but I can’t stand it when people like this individual want to make rash judgements drives me absolutely bonkers....

OK , I feel better now.. 😂 

First you had me with your name "hockeydad" .....I am a hockey mom to a 2nd yr Bantam player. 🙂 Then I read what you  wrote. Love your style and how blunt you are. I think we maybe twins. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jessMN74 said:

First you had me with your name "hockeydad" .....I am a hockey mom to a 2nd yr Bantam player. 🙂 Then I read what you  wrote. Love your style and how blunt you are. I think we maybe twins. 

Thanks Jess.. We hockey parents absolutely are a different breed. All 3 of my kids played since they were 4. My daughter plays in college currently.. In 3 years I will miss it. Some would say it’s like a cult.. LOL

Maybe as hockey parents we just don’t blame others for bad things and we certainly don’t punish the whole due to the actions of the few..

Or we just believe in common sense which some people seem to lack.. I am not naming anyone in particular.. 😂🤔😜

• Like 1