Coral Southbound Menu and Patters Request

SeaofStars

If anyone on the Coral for a 7 day Southbound Alaska trip could post the menu and patters, I would really appreciate it! We’re going in August (first cruise ever) and I just want to figure out where/when we’re doing dinner each night (factoring in Crabshack and Alaska special foods, shows, excursions, and such) as all the planning has been left up to me. 😥

Thanks in advance for any help and happy cruising everyone!

We were on the Coral last year in Alaska, and the Bayou Cafe (specialty restaurant) had "Alaskan" entrees in addition to their usual menu. Didn't take a photo of the menu but I had a delicious halibut filet! You can make reservations onboard.

26 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

Just got off the Coral southbound.  The above meuns look right.

Formal nights were night 2 (Hubbard Glacier) and Juneau.

which night was the crab shack

Thanks, lstone19 and patrickmoran. The menus from last year and this year appear different. 🤔 Also, does anyone know if night 1’s menu is always night 1 or do they reverse them for Southbound vs northbound. Like, will it go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 for northbound and then 7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for southbound or will it always be the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 order? My assumption is that the menus are flipped so the same ports always have the same menus, but I could be wrong?

BTW, ~*Lou*~ in his trip thread said he will be posting this year’s patters after the 23rd. He doesn’t have the menus though.

Edited by SeaofStars

7 hours ago, SeaofStars said:

Also, does anyone know if night 1’s menu is always night 1 or do they reverse them for Southbound vs northbound. Like, will it go 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 for northbound and then 7-6-5-4-3-2-1 for southbound or will it always be the 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 order? My assumption is that the menus are flipped so the same ports always have the same menus, but I could be wrong?

Your question is a good one.  I had not thought of that.

Regardless, I find the menus posted this year for Coral Princess more interesting than those posted for this year's Northbound cruise on the Westerdam which I have booked.

For Coral Princess, based upon what I have read, why book Bayou Cafe or Sabitini's?   

Edited by rkacruiser

Well, people seem to like Sabatini’s and the Bayou Cafe and if there’s a night that we’re not particularly interested in the MDR menu we might want to try one of them or even the buffet. Like WisCruiser2 said above, I’ve read that they have Alaskan themed entrees too! The Crab Shack is also offered on Coral Princess and also has a special Alaska-themed menu, supposedly. I was also tossing around doing the Chef’s Table (I have foodie tendencies), but again, if it falls on a night where I’m really excited about the MDR menu, I’ll probably save the money. (We’re also boarding pretty late so I’m sure I’d be on the waitlist anyway.)

People might also have time conflicts with their dining times if they have traditional dining and production shows they want to watch so will opt to get something from the buffet or International Cafe instead of the MDR, but maybe that’s crab legs night or the Baked Alaska parade or something and they were really looking forward to that? IDK, I just figure more information is better.

Mrell345 and EileenG are the real MVPs! 🤗 Scroll down a ways in the linked thread and you will see EileenG posted them. Also, Geoherb in their Island Princess Live thread told me the order is 1-2-3-4-5-6-7-1-2-3-4-5-6-7 for Northbound and Southbound (so the northbound ones posted should be the same order) but there may be some shuffling around for formal nights. 

Edited by SeaofStars

I just realized we’re still missing dessert menus! If anyone would like to contribute those, it would be most appreciated. 🙂 I believe they should be the same as the Royal’s but we’re missing nights 1-2, and 7 from that report.

Also, does anyone know when they do the Baked Alaska parade? I noted down the last night from a trip report from last year. That’s only in the MDR, right?

Edited by SeaofStars