Retreat on revolutionized Celebrity ships .

Wayne Humphreys

7 minutes ago, moneeman said:

I thought the Premium Alcohol Package was now standard for suite guests.  Since the area is restricted to suite guests only, how can they charge for drinks?

Ha, those committed to logic and precision should not be booking on Celeb!

Snarkiness aside, the majority of suite guests have premium, but I’m not sure everyone does. You might be able to book a perk free rate.? The drinks in the Retreat lounge are pretty much free anyway?

19 minutes ago, moneeman said:

I thought the Premium Alcohol Package was now standard for suite guests.  Since the area is restricted to suite guests only, how can they charge for drinks?

You can get suites last minute, state discount and others discounts without 4 perks. On our Hawaii cruise we would have saved $1000 pp if we booked without the 4 perks. TA, TP and repositioning cruise only higher end suites get drink packages with their suite.

There are rates which don't include perks.  Even for those with packages you would have to have your card with you and have it swiped.

Senior/Resident/Xciting Deals/MoveUp

Edited by wrk2cruise

21 hours ago, moneeman said:

With the new pricing you can select from 0 to all perks even in suites.   Currently on Summit and heard from a number of Suite Passengers without drink packages.  They had a charge added to bill for Water on Retreat Deck.   They were rather upset.  

There is no bar up there and waiters take drink orders and ask for your card. 

I just confirmed this with my husband (because this was my recollection, too, and didn't want to give false information) - the day we went up there for lunch we both ordered cocktails - the fancy ones that were listed on the lunch menu, I don't think they had any prices.

We both recall NOT giving our cards at all.  

Now, and this might be key, the waiters working that day were "our" waiters from Luminae, who actually spent almost the whole lunch talking to us which was great since they are so busy at dinner, but we both recall NOT giving over our cards.  

I'm not even sure they knew we had a beverage package, since we only got wine at dinner from the sommelier and how would they know how we were paying?  But assuming they knew we had a BP, would they still have had to swipe our cards?  And if there is no bar up there, where did the drinks come from?