Sky Princess

HogTide

We are considering the Southern Caribbean cruise on the Sky Princess in late December 2020.  Since we have not sailed on any of the Royal class ships I am seeking any recommendations for selecting a mini-suite.    We are currently looking at the mid-forward area of the Caribe deck since is has passenger cabins both above and below. This will be a family event requiring three adjoining suites.  I am assuming that the balconies in the Royal class still have connecting door panels that the steward can open.  Any advise/warnings/comments will be greatly appreciated as always.  Thanks

1 hour ago, HogTide said:

We are considering the Southern Caribbean cruise on the Sky Princess in late December 2020.  Since we have not sailed on any of the Royal class ships I am seeking any recommendations for selecting a mini-suite.    We are currently looking at the mid-forward area of the Caribe deck since is has passenger cabins both above and below. This will be a family event requiring three adjoining suites.  I am assuming that the balconies in the Royal class still have connecting door panels that the steward can open.  Any advise/warnings/comments will be greatly appreciated as always.  Thanks

"Danger Will Robinson"!!     You are calling them suites.........I will say what I always say about mini suites. They should not have the word suite in the title if that tells you anything. 

Yes the balconies should connect.

8 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

"Danger Will Robinson"!!     You are calling them suites.........I will say what I always say about mini suites. They should not have the word suite in the title if that tells you anything. 

Yes the balconies should connect.

Just curious, what would you call them?

They are larger than a balcony cabin and yes much smaller than a suite.

20 minutes ago, nasa1974 said:

Just curious, what would you call them?

They are larger than a balcony cabin and yes much smaller than a suite.

Just a larger deluxe balcony with a bathtub.

Imo nothing to do with a suite. 

Just gives the impression to some who book them with the name that there is more to them.

Pretty small balconies compared to all the other ships other than the Royal Class.

We are booked on the Sky Princess for March 2020.

We chose a mid-ship extended balcony,starboard,Caribe deck.

Yes, balconies on Royal class ships are smaller than those on the Grand class ships,where Caribe balconies are roomy with partial cover. Always enjoyed those balconies!

Hoping that our selection on the Sky is a good one.

Check the deck plans and look for cabins that have a pointed balcony configuration. 

Those are the extended balconies.

I see that you mention a sail date of Dec.2020.

If you want three adjoining cabins, I say book as soon as you can because I think the early Sky cruises around the holidays will be popular. 

Enjoy your cruise !

We’ve booked a Sky mini suite in the Carib mid section which has the extended balcony for November 2020.  Love the mini because they are longer than the balcony cabin, with a separate sitting area (couch, tv, access to balcony) that appears to have a curtain allowing you to close it off from bed.  Useful for us because I’m a reader and early riser, and can settle down there in comfort.  Also nice when traveling with friends as you have space for a social gathering inside when the weather is dicey.  Suggestion when booking is to watch for the hall doors I the deck plan schematic (think they are fire doors or some other type of safety door) because cabins straddling this location may not have adjoining balcony doors that can be opened. 

We have 5 mini-suites on the Caribe deck on the Sky for 7-14 Dec.  As far as I know, if it's like the Regal, we will be able to open the dividers between them.  It sure makes for a nice way to mingle with the entire party.

And for the record...it's a Mini-suite, which by definition would mean it's a smaller version...or if you like, it's larger than a balcony room, includes a nice couch for extra seating, and a tub/shower combo which is much roomier than a standard balcony.