Gelato

ckb104

Which ships have gelato?  I thought it was all of them, but apparently, that's not the case.  The website says just Royal and Regal, butt I know that the Ruby has it.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

12 minutes ago, ckb104 said:

Which ships have gelato?  I thought it was all of them, but apparently, that's not the case.  The website says just Royal and Regal, butt I know that the Ruby has it.  Anyone know?  Thanks!

Ruby/Emerald/Crown/Royal/Regal/Majestic.

All the other ships that had the IC added after the fact did not have enough room for the gelato machine.

• Like 1

Royal and Regal have a separate venue for Gelato. They offer blended drinks and crepes as well. None of which are included anymore in the Soda, Coffee, or PBP packages.

Crown, Emerald, and Ruby sell scoops of Gelato at the International Cafe. But none of the other creations found on the Royal-class ships.

• Like 2

Pricing will vary...on the Ruby/Emerald/Crown it was $1.50 for 3 scoops;  on the Royal/Regal/Majestic as I recall it was $1.50 for a single scoop & $3.50 for 3 scoops which was the same price as a 3 scoop sundae or crepes (sea day afternoons).

6 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

The gelato served on Princess isn't what you might think.

It's OK but if you're comparing it to a land based establishment you might be disappointed. 

I agree! I’ve had excellent gelato, but Princess gelato is not what I would consider to be in that category. 

27 minutes ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

I agree! I’ve had excellent gelato, but Princess gelato is not what I would consider to be in that category. 

The only time I used to get it was when we had left over coffee punches & wanted to use them up. 

7 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

I thought the gelato tasted pretty much like the FREE ice cream on the dessert menu. Just different flavors.

Yea, but it tastes better because you have to pay for it. 😏

• Haha 1

I would agree . Not worth paying for. All the ice cream was poor on recent Grand. 

Cruise.was. when they had haagen daz but now just as well as they dont as it is no longer very good.Had a pint of cherry ice cream and it tasted like ice milk. Do a search on google and you will find many complaining about the change in the incredients leaning towards skim milk.used to love their Vanilla.

Interesting that Haagen Daz is selling for about a dollar less than Ben And Jerrys nd most markets. Also worth noting that Ben and Jerrys gives you a full pint and Haagen Daz has scaled back to 14 oz.  i guess they couldn't reduce the size anymore so they reduced the quality. They should have just raised the price if their costs had gone up. Opinions would be appreciated.Best Vanilla is now at Trader Joes, made by Double Rainbow.And  the price is low.

End of off topic rant, sorry. 

https://images.app.goo.gl/xCYk3JKwJLUGdEK16

Edited by oskidunker