Comedy shows on Breakaway (and other shows)

VPMJ

Hello, our first NCL cruise will be on the Breakaway next month (just booked it). On other cruiselines, my favorite type of show is the Comedy club. How many nights is there typically a comedy show? I do not see them listed to reserve under shows. Also, I see shows listed that we can reserve....is this necessary? I would love to know when comedy shows are before picking other shows. Thank you for any insight you can provide. We are totally new to NCL. 🙂

1 hour ago, Sauer-kraut said:

Usually on the nights when the production show isn't on stage.

Would the comedy shows be on the same stage  as the production shows or in Headliners?  I see Headliners mentioned as a comedy club… But no way to see a schedule or reserve a spot.

3 hours ago, VPMJ said:

Hello, our first NCL cruise will be on the Breakaway next month (just booked it). On other cruiselines, my favorite type of show is the Comedy club. How many nights is there typically a comedy show? I do not see them listed to reserve under shows. Also, I see shows listed that we can reserve....is this necessary? I would love to know when comedy shows are before picking other shows. Thank you for any insight you can provide. We are totally new to NCL. 🙂

Comedy shows are offered in the Headliners Comedy Club. As soon as you embark, go to the Box Office located in the starboard entrance to the Breakaway Theater, Deck 7 Forward. They will have a complete list of shows and the comedy shows sell out very fast (small venue). Early shows are family oriented. Late shows are 18+. 

The two main broadway shows have 4 performances each (Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor). That provides a total of 3200 reservations for the 4500 passengers on the ship. Like the titanic, there are not enough seats. You can always go standby and  you will be let in 10 minutes before show times. The seats left in the theater may be "undesirable" and you may have to split up your party. Always better to have reservations. 

At the theater, you can also book the Velvet dinner show (extra fee), Wine Lovers the Musical (wine and lunch for an extra fee), Canvas by U painting class (extra fee) and the Escape the Big Top escape room (complimentary). 

Again, it should be a priority to go to the box office as soon as you embark. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, BirdTravels said:

Comedy shows are offered in the Headliners Comedy Club. As soon as you embark, go to the Box Office located in the starboard entrance to the Breakaway Theater, Deck 7 Forward. They will have a complete list of shows and the comedy shows sell out very fast (small venue). Early shows are family oriented. Late shows are 18+. 

The two main broadway shows have 4 performances each (Rock of Ages and Burn the Floor). That provides a total of 3200 reservations for the 4500 passengers on the ship. Like the titanic, there are not enough seats. You can always go standby and  you will be let in 10 minutes before show times. The seats left in the theater may be "undesirable" and you may have to split up your party. Always better to have reservations. 

At the theater, you can also book the Velvet dinner show (extra fee), Wine Lovers the Musical (wine and lunch for an extra fee), Canvas by U painting class (extra fee) and the Escape the Big Top escape room (complimentary). 

Again, it should be a priority to go to the box office as soon as you embark. 

Thank you for the detailed information on what to expect and how to make the reservations.  It’s interesting how the  different cruise lines do things differently. I sure hope we can get into the comedy club.  I will go try to book shows as soon as we embark.  I guess I will book the other shows online soon, and then we can always change them, right? Thanks again! 

5 hours ago, VPMJ said:

Thank you for the detailed information on what to expect and how to make the reservations.  It’s interesting how the  different cruise lines do things differently. I sure hope we can get into the comedy club.  I will go try to book shows as soon as we embark.  I guess I will book the other shows online soon, and then we can always change them, right? Thanks again! 

One thing you can do ahead of your sailing is to review the Dailies (others have posted complete sets for the Breakway on this site) and figure out what days have the comedy shows you are interested in.  Note them and then you can set up your Broadway shows and other reservations, such as dinner.

• Like 1

@VPMJ Download the NCL app to your smartphone & you can make your reservations in the cruise ship terminal while waiting to board.  

As several posters have already mentioned these shows fill up FAST so do your reservations ASAP otherwise you'll have to wait in line outside the Headliners for the no-shows to not show up. Headliners has a limited seating capacity; it's not like the Theater with 2000+ seats.  It's more like 3-400; someone else can confirm the actual number Headliners holds.

Good luck & enjoy your cruise.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, VPMJ said:

Yup. You can change them on embarkation day. Looking at dailies give you an idea on how things are scheduled. But, entertainers have limited contracts and the ship often changes their schedule based on who's on board. If you are "tech-comfortable", the touch screen kiosks near elevator lobbies can be used to book shows, dinners, and shore ex. But, you can't change anything. Always easier to go and get a complete list of entertainment at the boxoffice on embarkation day and decide if you want to change things. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, tomk3212 said:

@VPMJ Download the NCL app to your smartphone & you can make your reservations in the cruise ship terminal while waiting to board.  

As several posters have already mentioned these shows fill up FAST so do your reservations ASAP otherwise you'll have to wait in line outside the Headliners for the no-shows to not show up. Headliners has a limited seating capacity; it's not like the Theater with 2000+ seats.  It's more like 3-400; someone else can confirm the actual number Headliners holds.

Good luck & enjoy your cruise.

Good tip! Are you saying we can access the comedy club bookings in the terminal?

@VPMJ I was able to access the ship's WiFi (Getaway in April & Breakaway in October) in the NYC cruise ship terminal while waiting to board.  Granted, I'm Platinum & was sitting right by the windows next to the ship but I saw others in the terminal also doing the same.  Download the app BEFORE you get to the terminal using either your cell carrier's network or another WiFi hot spot.  DW & I were able to make our restaurant & show reservations while waiting to board.

Have a great cruise!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Great nfo, can anyone tell me if you can CHANGE (undesirable) dining/entertainment reservations made prior to travel on the app to better times? Also, can you book comedy on the app? Thx!!