Summit Movies on Rooftop Terrace

Librarymomb

New to Celebrity and when reading about how the ship has been updated, noticed this spot on Summit deck plan while considering a last minute cruise to Bermuda. I've heard of movie screens over pool areas but not on back of the ship.  What movies are currently being shown and when?  Also wondering if it's only on sea days/nights and if seats are by reservation only.  As I like to find a good place to sit and read with a view, are passengers allowed to use this area when movies are not being shown?  Guessing it might get pretty hot up there during the day, especially while docked in Bermuda but sea days might be lovely.

I was checking out the movie schedule for my cruise that starts in a few hours.  Looks like relatively recent movies (such as Creed II, the Favourite, The Mule) at 11am and 4pm, and a classic at 7 or 8, including the Wizard of Oz, Casablanca and ET.

I can’t tell you about the venue yet, others who’ve sailed recently can fill you in, or i’ll Report later today once I see it.

• Like 1

Just off the Summit this morning.  The Movies were at 2 & 4 pm and then a evening movie at 7 or 8pm.  The afternoon movies were fairly current (a green Book, A Star is Born,  Vice) among them and the movies  in the afternoon were all R rated.  I complained about R rated movies in the afternoon as there were a lot of children onboard  up at the movie or the sports court and got the “Miami is in control of the selection and scheduling”.  The evening movies were older classic movies and generally rated PG.  

Our cabin was  on deck 11 at aft and could clearly hear the movie  when on the balcony and occasionally in the cabin.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BDevilCruiser said:

I was checking out the movie schedule for my cruise that starts in a few hours.  Looks like relatively recent movies (such as Creed II, the Favourite, The Mule) at 11am and 4pm, and a classic at 7 or 8, including the Wizard of Oz, Casablanca and ET.

I can’t tell you about the venue yet, others who’ve sailed recently can fill you in, or i’ll Report later today once I see it.

Thanks and hope you have a wonderful cruise!! 😊

33 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Just off the Summit this morning.  The Movies were at 2 & 4 pm and then a evening movie at 7 or 8pm.  The afternoon movies were fairly current (a green Book, A Star is Born,  Vice) among them and the movies  in the afternoon were all R rated.  I complained about R rated movies in the afternoon as there were a lot of children onboard  up at the movie or the sports court and got the “Miami is in control of the selection and scheduling”.  The evening movies were older classic movies and generally rated PG.  

Our cabin was  on deck 11 at aft and could clearly hear the movie  when on the balcony and occasionally in the cabin.  

Thanks for this...exactly what I needed to know! 👍

Totally agree about R rated movies being inappropriate for children and hope the noise from the movies wasn't too distracting.

Btw, were the same movies available for free on demand in the cabins as well?  I'd read they'd been updated, too.

Hope you had a great cruise and will write a review for us! 😊

2 hours ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

There is no elevator access to that area unless they changed something in the remodel.  

I watched a live stream tour on Facebook hosted by my TA's company of the Summit last week(wanted to see a bit of the remodel before my cruise next month), nothing has changed, still no elevator access to that area.

26 minutes ago, cocobakerchica said:

I watched a live stream tour on Facebook hosted by my TA's company of the Summit last week(wanted to see a bit of the remodel before my cruise next month), nothing has changed, still no elevator access to that area.

There’s an outside lift starboard side next to the basketball court that provides access to the terrace.

17 minutes ago, BDevilCruiser said:

There’s an outside lift starboard side next to the basketball court that provides access to the terrace.

Thank you for this. They used the stairs and went the long way round outside from the pool deck to get to the terrace.  I (and my bum knee)appreciate your correction.

2 hours ago, BDevilCruiser said:

Can the basketball court be reached by lift/elevator?  I've never had occasion to go there.

Edited by Happy Cruiser 6143

6 hours ago, jelayne said:

Were you in one of the 5 aft afts or one of the port or starboard afts?

1 hour ago, cocobakerchica said:

Thank you for this. They used the stairs and went the long way round outside from the pool deck to get to the terrace.  I (and my bum knee)appreciate your correction.

One warning.   You can not operate the lift independently.    You have to call guest relations and they summon someone with a key to operate the lift.

• Like 1

To answer a couple of your other questions.    The area is available 24 hours and anyone can use the area for either watching the movie or just lounging.   Seating is on a first come basis and their is no reservation capabilities.   There are generally many spaces available but only very limited space in the shade.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

To answer a couple of your other questions.    The area is available 24 hours and anyone can use the area for either watching the movie or just lounging.   Seating is on a first come basis and their is no reservation capabilities.   There are generally many spaces available but only very limited space in the shade.

Thank you! 😊

Very helpful input and how funny you should post as I had just started reading your thread about your recent B2B on Summit. Wonderful thread, by the way. Full of great info...enjoying it very much. 👍🏻

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

One warning.   You can not operate the lift independently.    You have to call guest relations and they summon someone with a key to operate the lift.

There's always a caveat!  I suppose my bum knee and I will get our proper cardio by taking the stairs as usual 😣😄

Occasionally Celebrity offers their "A Taste of Film" on the Terrace:

A Taste of Film requires a reservation and its small fee includes a drink, snacks to munch on during the movie that tie in with the film you’re watching, and comfortable lounge seating.

There is a phone to summon help for using the lift on deck 11 to go up to deck 12.

There is seating for the movies at the rooftop terrace.

image.png.827cdd9a0d5a757d54cdd5ea9f32fa90.png

Edited by varoo

6 hours ago, vtcruising said:

Were you in one of the 5 aft afts or one of the port or starboard afts?

One if the 5 aft, but in talking with others on both port and starboard side they could also heard the movies on the balcony and to varying  degrees sound or reverberation in the cabin.  

Look at the MClass cabin  sticky for 1132,  occupants are still having the noise issue.

Edited by jelayne

8 hours ago, jelayne said:

One if the 5 aft, but in talking with others on both port and starboard side they could also heard the movies on the balcony and to varying  degrees sound or reverberation in the cabin.  

Look at the MClass cabin  sticky for 1132,  occupants are still having the noise issue.

Thanks! We were in 1141 a couple of years ago after the movie area was added and had early morning to late evening movies playing non-stop (charter) could hear them on balcony, not in cabin with slider shut. We moved forward to 1106 (way up by elevators) for last cruise and it was quiet. I'm wondering if it is safe to book the ones in back of the screen (more forward ship-wise), especially those close to the elevator?

Edited by vtcruising