Grand Princess Pools

marcruiser

Can anyone please tell me if access to all the pools on the Grand Princess are with ladders or do some of them have easier access steps. Bad knees etc make ladders difficult?  Also, is there a pool in the Sanctuary and does anyone have current Sanctuary pricing?  

The Sanctuary Pool is free for everyone and has steps. To do the Sanctuary for private lounge it's $20 a half day and

$40 for a full day. Like Star said the Terrence pool has steps too. Adult only.

The sanctuary does not have a pool. The nearest pool is the spa pool just outside of the sanctuary and down some steps. The spa pool is open to all adult passengers.

Edited by skynight

10 hours ago, Belle said:

The Sanctuary Pool is free for everyone and has steps. To do the Sanctuary for private lounge it's $20 a half day and

$40 for a full day. Like Star said the Terrace pool has steps too. Adult only.

Plus, $30 a day if you book for the whole cruise.

And the Lotus pool (the one below the Sanctuary) is also adults only.

Edited by JF - retired RRT

I will add that the recent (April '19) dry dock brought much greater ADA access to the Grand.  There are lifts to reach not only the Sanctuary but even the forward sun deck.  I was truly stunned by the numbers of lifts added which basically provide mobility challenged travelers to the vast majority of the ship.

The Lotus pool (spa area forward, one deck down from Sanctuary) does indeed have steps.  As I recall, 3 or 4 steps up to get over the rail of the pool and then 4 or 5 steps down into the pool itself.  This pool has a raised portion all the way around at about 3 feet deep.  The middle of the pool slopes steeply down to a maximum depth of something like 6 feet.

Edited by jondfk
typo

10 minutes ago, jondfk said:

I will add that the recent (April '19) dry dock brought much greater ADA access to the Grand.  There are lifts to reach not only the Sanctuary but even the forward sun deck.  I was truly stunned by the numbers of lifts added which basically provide mobility challenged travelers to the vast majority of the ship.

I wasn't aware of them adding any elevators.

We have sailed the Grand many times and the forward lift stopped at Sun deck 15

Did they just extend the lift up to the Sanctuary on deck 16?

TIA

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I wasn't aware of them adding any elevators.

We have sailed the Grand many times and the forward lift stopped at Sun deck 15

Did they just extend the lift up to the Sanctuary on deck 16?

TIA

They're not elevators, per se. More like chair lifts. Here are some pictures of some of them from the March dry dock.

grand lift 1.jpg

grand lift 2.jpg

grand lift 3.jpg

grand lift 4.jpg

Thanks Dani for posting photo's and apologies my prior message wasn't more clear.  I was truly amazed by how many of these chair lifts were installed during dry dock.  At all entrances to Princess theater, to reach the Sanctuary, to reach the MUTs viewing deck forward, and many other locations around the ship.  While the increased access is undoubtedly great, I did find myself wondering whether the ship is up to the maintenance challenges that having such equipment exposed to sea air represents - time will tell. 

Oh, and hope you had a wonderful first experience with your window suite!

Jon

6 hours ago, jondfk said:

Thanks Dani for posting photo's and apologies my prior message wasn't more clear.  I was truly amazed by how many of these chair lifts were installed during dry dock.  At all entrances to Princess theater, to reach the Sanctuary, to reach the MUTs viewing deck forward, and many other locations around the ship.  While the increased access is undoubtedly great, I did find myself wondering whether the ship is up to the maintenance challenges that having such equipment exposed to sea air represents - time will tell. 

Oh, and hope you had a wonderful first experience with your window suite!

Jon

No need to apologize! I realize that elevators are commonly referred to as "lifts" in British English, and figured that may have been where some of the confusion was. 🙂