port of miami parking

coz09

Can anyone give me information on the parking at the port of Miami?  We have always flown in and now we are not! Is there parking right at the port and what is the cost? Or is other parking better? Or a close motel that anyone would recommend with a shuttle and we can park at the motel?

3 minutes ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

We have always parked our car at a parking garage at the port when cruising out of Miami. Very short walk to and from the terminal.  The last time we cruised out of Miami was in May. It cost $22.00 a day to park at the port.  

Thats seems so pricey. 

We tried an off-site parking facility once - never again - long line of vehicles to get into lot and even longer line of cruisers waiting for shuttle to cruise port - then upon disembarkation never saw complimentary shuttle back to parking facility and ended up taking a taxi back to off-site parking facility - $22 does sound pricey but will always use it from hereon. 

• Like 1

cellfree, I wondered about that. It does seem like your paying for piece of mind. 

I am having a heck of a time trying to find a motel with parking and shuttles to take us to port. 

90% of people here will tell you to park at the Port. There are not many hotels that offer cruise and stay parking. $22/day while not cheap in a city like Miami is a pretty good price. My office building is $30 for a few hours of parking. 

The parking lot is right across the street from your terminal walk to and from your car. With a off site parking you are dealing with shuttles, and bags, and where is your car going to be left at etc.. 

• Like 1

The only safe place to park your vehicle is directly at the Port Of Miami. I have read too many sad stories since I joined Cruise Critic in 2001 of damaged vehicles which were left at off site locations in the City Of Miami. Pay twenty two dollars a day at the Port Of Miami and your vehicle will be safe and secure during your cruise. Many long time Cruise Critic posters who live in Miami say the same thing about this subject. There are plenty of safe and secure off site parking locations in Port Everglades, Port Canaveral, Jacksonville, and Tampa. Unfortunately there aren’t any in Miami.

Edited by Corby114
  • Like 1

As someone who has lived and worked in Downtown Miami for over 5-years, and living here my entire life including parking in being in Downtown Miami multiple times a month since 2005, this is not a safety issue IMO. 

It is that the non-port parking lots for lack of a better word suck. You will be waiting for crowded shuttles in the heat, your car might be moved around, it might not, you are waiting for shuttles to get back to your car etc.. You will spend 2-3 hours dealing with parking to save $10-$12 a day. And your car will be outside and not as secure. Incidents do happen. 

Or you can park your car and walk to the ship and walk back to your car for $10-$12 a day more. 

Edited by Flymia
  • Like 1