Is the Havana Premium Vista Balcony Worth It?

ShaniBell

Defiantly would not  pay extra for the premium side view one. You will not have a good view of the AFT/Havana Area of the ship and to be honest, the balcony may appear bigger, but it is very narrow.

Now, if you are considering the actual Aft Wrap...  That is worth serious consideration 🙂

Edited by PT:)

Thank you for this thread! After reading through it I booked a Havana aft wrap on the Panorama for our 45th Anniversary in April 2021, only 500+ days to go! 😜 I looked at videos and decided on deck 6, it is appears to have the largest wrap cabins and decks.  Add in the CA special they were running yesterday and I was sold! 

We are returning to cruising after a 12 year break, taking our daughter, SIL and grandson on the Vista in April during Easter break. We just retired and the cruise bug has started to bite, hard! Happy cruising! 

Edited by LaRue1975

I am excited to read the reviews too! The pics from the deck plans look like the Panorama is so much prettier than the Vista. We are on the port side,  I am thinking with the first four days heading South it would have the best views.

Our last two cruises, the Legend to the Caribbean in 2007 and Spirit to Alaska in 2008 we were in aft wrap suites which are amazing on the Spirit class ships. In Alaska it was perfect, we will have to book another if we go again. In the Caribbean I would not book an aft wrap again, it was too hot and humid during the day. With no shade we could only tolerate being out there in the early morning and evenings so not worth the extra cost. 

I am hoping the Mexican Riviera in April will be good balcony weather, plus we are only an hour from Long Beach, double bonus points!  We are not very interested in the ports, it’s all about the ship and the Havana experience, can’t wait! 

Have a great cruise, please post when you return! 

Edited by LaRue1975

On 7/18/2019 at 9:47 AM, JaniceB said:

It may not be needed.  I had a Havana Cabana cabin and we never used our patio area, we just went to the Havana area to meet or hang out.  

Same here.  I loved being close to the bar and pool in the Havana Cabana cabin.  I saw those balconies and you didn't seem very close the action.  We did use our patio area, but not a lot.  We did get tired of people coming in through the locked door to "look around".  

We sailed on the Vista June 2019, our cabin was the corner unit and considered a Premium Vista, for which we paid a considerable amount more for. The room was so small and did not have a sofa but rather one chair in the corner. The balcony, while it wrapped around the corner was very very narrow and to sit on the 2 chairs one had to sit sideways. I would not recommend that room at all. BUT our friends had the cabin to the left of ours. Also a Premium cabin and their balcony was amazing and definitely worth the extra money. Our other friends had regular aft balconies and that would be where I’d book next time. The rooms were much larger than the Premium Vista cabins and the balconies were very spacious. Definitely book the Havana, it’s well worth the extra cost.

• 2 years later...
On 8/29/2019 at 10:53 AM, PT:) said:

Defiantly would not  pay extra for the premium side view one. You will not have a good view of the AFT/Havana Area of the ship and to be honest, the balcony may appear bigger, but it is very narrow.

Now, if you are considering the actual Aft Wrap...  That is worth serious consideration 🙂

Can you explain to me the difference?  I just booked a Premium Vista Room (7422) on the Carnival Radiance - it is supposed to wrap around.  I'm hoping it's worth the extra $425.  

On 7/19/2019 at 12:41 PM, Joebucks said:

It depends on your definition of worth it. Such a room sounds 2-3x more than a regular interior. It would have the same food, same entertainment, same ports, most of the same experiences as a cheaper room. Now Havana does come with a few extra perks. You have to decide if it's worth it to YOU, doesn't matter what others think.

Exactly the right answer in my book.  For some, a top end cabin on Carnival is totally worth it.  For others, it's not.

Personally, I like Carnival a great deal at a particular price point.