Tagging luggage upon arriving in Europe and taking Princess transfer

gb88

My sister and I are arriving in Copenhagen (connecting through Paris) for a Princess Baltic cruise and will be using Princess' transfer to the ship.  Do we pick up our own luggage before going through customs and then add the Princess luggage tags before going to the meeting location?  How do we know where the meeting location is?

Add the Princess tag to your bag before your flight to Copenhagen.  Yes, you must claim your bag in the secure area and go through customs on your own. When you exit customs there will be Princess representatives with clipboards to direct you. They will be looking for your bag tags as much as you will be looking for a clipboard with a Princess logo.

53 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

I would put them on before leaving home in case the luggage is delayed.

Should you do this if you are flying in 1 or 2 days early before your cruise, or only if you fly in the day of your cruise?

Also, should you do this if you don't have Princess transfers?

Pooh

I have luggage tags( with a pocket) that say if lost, itinerary is enclosed (says it in several languages). And my itinerary is all listed. So if hotels prior to cruise, day by day where we will be , ship name, ports etc.I only use these for international travel.

Once I get to final destination and claim my bags, then I put the Princess tags on them. Maybe this isn't the right thing to do and I should put the Princess tags on too but with all the tags (ID tags with our names and addresses) including the most important ones from the airlines, I hesitate having too many tags.On direct flights I worry less than ones where we have to change planes.

55 minutes ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Should you do this if you are flying in 1 or 2 days early before your cruise, or only if you fly in the day of your cruise?

Pooh

I don't mean to step in for the gentleman from Colorado, but I always put on the Princess luggage tags before going to the airport. I see no downside. If my bag ends up circling some carousel in Hong Kong, someone can pick it up and see, "oh, this bag is supposed to be in Rome in two days.

Jim

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

Yes!  We flew into Copenhagen 2 days early and didn't get our luggage till we arrived at the dock because of the luggage tags.  They were asking people in Lexington KY to give up seats, kept upping the price.  They did get takers but I guess they decided to lighten the load and get rid of some luggage!!

2 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

Pooh

We don't put them on if we are flying in early.

We wait until boarding day. 

For Princess transfers only if you have Princess transfers the day you fly in.

In the past I never put them on before arriving at the port, but with delayed/lost luggage issues I feel more comfortable putting them on before leaving home if we are flying on the same day as the cruise.