Hotels near Trevi Fountain that offer shuttle to the Port

Artisticgirl

I booked the Best of Italy cruise through Celebrity for next June.   My husband and I were engaged at the Trevi fountain and we are celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary.  We decided to fly into Rome a day early and stay at a hotel near the Trevi fountain.  I'm not sure which hotel is good and also need to get to the Port the next day.   I heard some of the hotels offer a shuttle service.  Is this true?  If so, which hotels include this service.  I have't been to Europe in 26 years.  HELP. 

I doubt any of the Rome hotels offer a cruise port shuttle - the port is about an hour drive from Rome.  The easiest way to get there would be to arrange a private transfer.  There are many companies that are recommended here on this site.  It will probably cost you about 130 euros for a private transfer, and about 70 euros for a shared shuttle.  We used a company last December for our transfer to the port,  called NCC AIrport.  We chose their shared shuttle option for 70 euros. They were great and we have booked them again for our cruise in October. 

You will also need to get from the airport to your hotel.  Either a cab which is flat rate 48 euros, or you could take the Leonardo Express train to Termini station for 14 euro each. 

Whatever you decide, have a great cruise.

Agree...doubt any will give you transport to the port. There are MANY threads here on getting to the port. We will be there next May as part of or 35th...we will be using Rome in Limo, which has a huge thread just done the board. Great operation.

I can suggest a hotel we used a while back that's only 5 minutes from the Trevi Fountain, and that's Albergo Cesari (but it looks like it has a new name of 9 Hotel Cesari).   But, alas, no shuttle to the port.  

We used RomeCabs to get from the airport to the hotel, from the hotel to the port and also from the port back to the airport.  They can also customize a tour for you if you want.  We took a tour after they picked us up at the airport and then they dropped us off at the hotel.  

• Like 1

There is a decent amount of luggage storage on the Leonardo and there isn't an issue with lifting bags. the doors on the leonardo are at the same level as the platforms. Also pretty easy to get a taxi at roma termini. I'd say 10 to 15 Euros for the taxi from train station to hotel. So total cost using train and taxi is gonna be around 40 to 45 Euros total versus what other's say with limos of 130+ Euros. IMO, that 100 Euros can be used for better things.

• 2 weeks later...

We love the Trevi 41 Hotel - right around the corner from the Trevi.  The rooms are very modern, clean and the air conditioner works very well on warm days.  Staff are fantastic!  I have stayed there 4 times and it always exceeds my expectations.

To get to the port, we have used Rome Cabs and they have been prompt and professional each trip.  Their email is info@romecabs.com.

happy 25th!!!

PS try to get up early and you can sit right at the Trevi with no crowds.  We do that at least one morning each trip. I always get there by 7 am and you can enjoy the sound of the water with very few if any other tourists

On 8/4/2019 at 11:19 AM, 2specialkidsforme said:

We love the Trevi 41 Hotel - right around the corner from the Trevi.  The rooms are very modern, clean and the air conditioner works very well on warm days.  Staff are fantastic!  I have stayed there 4 times and it always exceeds my expectations.

To get to the port, we have used Rome Cabs and they have been prompt and professional each trip.  Their email is info@romecabs.com.

happy 25th!!!

PS try to get up early and you can sit right at the Trevi with no crowds.  We do that at least one morning each trip. I always get there by 7 am and you can enjoy the sound of the water with very few if any other tourists

Thank you so much for this advise.  I am going to look up the hotel and thanks for  the recommendation for getting to the port.  Now I just have to coordinate and book my flight so that I can get the most time the day we fly in.

We used the hotel's limo service to get from the airport to the hotel.  It was a bit expensive but it worked seamlessly, and after a long trans-continental and transatlantic flight, I appreciated it.  The driver was a hotel employee or sub-contractor, and did not need any directions or instructions.

From the hotel to the ship, we used RomeCabs.  The driver was at the hotel about 10 minutes before the specified time -- had the car been late, I would have started to fret!!  We had specified that we had three large suitcases, and the car was a decent sized SUV, large enough for our needs.  [When you see the cars in Rome, you will understand this concern.  A Mini-Cooper is considered a large car there!!!!]  The charge was 130 Euros, cash.  The entire transfer was simple and smooth.  Kudos to the driver and RomeCabs.

I have no hotel recommendation -- we deliberately stayed away from the tourist areas, even though we knew this would force us to use a lot of cabs.

On 7/18/2019 at 6:00 PM, Daisyloo said:

well, not exactly. The hotels have caught onto the profit to be made by engaging a service for their customers. We stayed at Hotel Condotti and, while they don't have their own car service, they offered to make arrangements for us to go from the hotel to the airport. My guess is that they might get a share of the pie! So I would say YES THEY DO OFFER CAR SERVICE, not their own but by subcontracting it out. Check with the hotel you intend to stay for accurate info.

• Like 1

On 8/9/2019 at 4:03 PM, Mike45LC said:

3 hours ago, schildiams said:

PS Civeteveccia shuttle was $89 euros I believe. Reasonable and could pay via PayPal prior.

I used Civitavecchia Shuttle Service from the ship to my hotel in Rome (Hotel Condotti); HOWEVER, I was surprised to learn that the shuttle was shared with pax going to FCO airport! Those poor folks had to ride along while the driver took me to downtown Rome and then make their way to the airport. I would not have been a happy camper if I was an airport pax on that shuttle taking the long route to the airport so you might want to ask if you'll be sharing with other destinations. 

I also used them from the airport to the port. I arranged with one other CC member so there were 2 pick up points and just the 3 of us on the way to the ship which was terrific.

I had no complaints about the shared service other than surprised to see others in the mini van not going into Rome proper.

2 minutes ago, nomadguy said:

I used Civitavecchia Shuttle Service from the ship to my hotel in Rome (Hotel Condotti); HOWEVER, I was surprised to learn that the shuttle was shared with pax going to FCO airport! Those poor folks had to ride along while the driver took me to downtown Rome and then make their way to the airport. I would not have been a happy camper if I was an airport pax on that shuttle taking the long route to the airport so you might want to ask if you'll be sharing with other destinations. 

I also used them from the airport to the port. I arranged with one other CC member so there were 2 pick up points and just the 3 of us on the way to the ship which was terrific.

I had no complaints about the shared service other than surprised to see others in the mini van not going into Rome proper.

Our airport to hotel service not shared, but our other two were. There was a choice at booking. The shared was less expensive. I emailed to confirm that the shuttle from the ship was the airport would drop off at FCO first, not downtown Rome (if other passengers were going there.)

31 minutes ago, schildiams said:

Our airport to hotel service not shared, but our other two were. There was a choice at booking. The shared was less expensive. I emailed to confirm that the shuttle from the ship was the airport would drop off at FCO first, not downtown Rome (if other passengers were going there.)

from the scuttlebutt overheard on our minivan, that was the planned route for the others as well. Perhaps nobody had an early flight out but they did drop us off in Rome first! I'd recommend you get it in writing and take it with you so there is not a change of plans!