Specialty restaurants-"must try" items

csj092809

On 7/20/2019 at 9:03 AM, evandbob said:

The antipasto in the Cucina is the only menu item this Bronx born Italian would recommend.  The other items on the Cucina menu remind me of the Olive Garden.

Have never been to an Olive Garden that had a Tomahawk Pork Chop on their menu.  When you find one, please send me the address.

On 7/21/2019 at 12:55 AM, Chervil said:

We weren't thrilled with the Cucina lunch so haven't had dinner there. 
The food itself was okay, no better than Olive Garden, though.

Once again, you get what you pay for at lunch...remember, it's free.  Try it for dinner, it and Jiji's are a much better value at 15.00 per person than the 38 they charge for the steakhouse and the land based pricing at the Teppanyaki.

On 7/21/2019 at 6:00 PM, Shaded Lady said:

I loved the lobster roll at the Seafood Shack and DH liked the clam chowder bread bowl... 

I was wandering past the Seafood Shack one day right before they opened, and I was amused watching them put together the bread bowl clam chowder.  The hollowed-out bread bowl was filled with the creamy soup/broth first.  Then the chef counted out FIVE(!) clams from a big can to add to the mix.  He made a big deal about making sure of the exact number of clams to put in each bowl - always Five, not Four, and certainly not Six!

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 9:30 PM, ddloml said:

I was wandering past the Seafood Shack one day right before they opened, and I was amused watching them put together the bread bowl clam chowder.  The hollowed-out bread bowl was filled with the creamy soup/broth first.  Then the chef counted out FIVE(!) clams from a big can to add to the mix.  He made a big deal about making sure of the exact number of clams to put in each bowl - always Five, not Four, and certainly not Six!

and seven is right out!

• Like 2

9 hours ago, CruisingViper said:

and seven is right out!

Always love a Month Python reference!

And the Lord spake, saying, 'First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then, shalt thou count to three. No more. No less. Three shalt be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once at the number three, being the third number be reached, then, lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naught in My sight, shall snuff it.'

• Like 2