Cruise'n'Park hotel packages in Long Beach

glrounds

Park'n'Cruise hotels in Long Beach. Years ago I researched the hotels that for one night's stay pre-cruise you can leave your car at the hotel for the duration of the cruise and pick it up after you debark. When I checked out one of them I learned that they no longer do that.

I'm asking, does anyone know of a Park'n'Cruise hotel in Long Beach that still does this. Cruising on the PANORAMA in January and even now that I'm closer to the port lived in Arizona the last 5 years and wanted to get to Long Beach early and awake well rested. Thank you.

The Doubletree Maya by Hilton has a park n cruise rate. There is often a special Carnival rate for that.

IF you don't see it on the web site we e mail the reservations manager.

Let us know what you find for your dates. The special rate is not for all dates.

8 hours ago, riffatsea said:

The Doubletree Maya by Hilton has a park n cruise rate. There is often a special Carnival rate for that.

IF you don't see it on the web site we e mail the reservations manager.

Let us know what you find for your dates. The special rate is not for all dates.

Thanks, riffatsea . . . I'll check it as soon as possible.

WOW ! Well I guess I won't be staying there. REGULAR rate without any park'n'cruise addons was $325. I was thinking about utilizing some of the parking structure fees with a hotel room in Long Beach but will just drive it the day of the cruise and pay to park at Carnival's structure. Guessing it must be about $19 -$20 per day by now? Thanks again.

Edited by glrounds

I just sent Ms. Jimenez an e-mail as you suggested, riffatsea. I don't expect her quote to be anything I can afford (I cruise inside cabin for the same reason). I do definitely appreciate your help.

Edited by glrounds

On 7/24/2019 at 1:13 PM, glrounds said:

I just sent Ms. Jimenez an e-mail as you suggested, riffatsea. I don't expect her quote to be anything I can afford (I cruise inside cabin for the same reason). I do definitely appreciate your help.

Jesica will probably give you a rate of +- $189. Figure $20/day parking... the room price gets pretty reasonable. We have used this rate many times.

I stayed at the Hotel Current in March, I would highly recommend it as a Park and Cruise option. Very reasonable price. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have a shuttle that takes you to the port and picks you up. While not an "upscale" hotel, it is modern, comfortable and clean. The only downside is that there are only a couple of places within walking distance to eat at. I just ate before checking in and brought snacks. Oh, they have free breakfast too!

3 hours ago, klmb318 said:

I stayed at the Hotel Current in March, I would highly recommend it as a Park and Cruise option. Very reasonable price. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have a shuttle that takes you to the port and picks you up. While not an "upscale" hotel, it is modern, comfortable and clean. The only downside is that there are only a couple of places within walking distance to eat at. I just ate before checking in and brought snacks. Oh, they have free breakfast too!

Thank you Kimb, will check this out this afternoon. I'm no longer living in Arizona with a 5-hour drive to the port, but back in SoCal only an hour away, so this will be my major consideration in choosing whether or not to use a hotel pre-cruise or Carnival's parking structure. I drive a rather rare hardtop convertible pickup (Chevy SSR) so security of my truck is also a serious consideration. Carnival gets the nod on that.

Incidentally, a site I went to lists Carnival parking at $17 per day whereas most of the questions on the subject list it as $20 per day (it seems like it was $19 the last time I was there cruising the SPLENDOR). I didn't check Carnival's site, DUH ! !

Thanks again to everyone who contributed to my "education". Having cruised out of this port so often I should be knowledgeable about this, but always lived close to the port (20 minutes at one time) and it was never a consideration.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2019 at 11:00 AM, glrounds said:

Incidentally, a site I went to lists Carnival parking at $17 per day whereas most of the questions on the subject list it as $20 per day (it seems like it was $19 the last time I was there cruising the SPLENDOR). I didn't check Carnival's site, DUH ! !

I've stayed at the Htel Current twice for their snooze and cruise parking.  Very nice pool.  Rooms are clean.

It's about $170 for the night... just a bit more than parking at the port.  However, sometimes there is not parking at the QM port garage for cruisers if there is an event at the port -- the parking is reserved for the event.  Something to consider.

We are in San Diego (about 1.5 hrs from LB) and have never had an issue leaving same day and reaching the terminal by 11am (or sometimes even earlier)

Just get there early. The lot will fill up fast. We will leave our house in San Diego around 8:30 am  in order to give ourselves enough time and cushion in case of traffic etc.

I'm now living with my son in Socal so I'll only be an hour away. The arriving in LB earl idea was to provide a "buffer"against car trouble coming from Arizona. Still might do it, however. Thanks for your input.