Paid Upgrade Assigned (then renegged?)

Puffles311

Good morning,

Yesterday we were notified our bid has been accepted for a move within The Haven (original cruise purchase was in The Haven). The room was assigned and credit card was charged. 5 hours later we receive an email saying

"Due to system error, your credit card was processed for xxx for an upgrade that unfortunately was not available. We have issued the refund at this time. I do apologize for any inconvenience."

I checked with the bank and a refund has not been processed. Anyone else have this happen?

I'm sure the refund will come through...but to learn you won your Haven and then get a retraction email just stinks!  I feel for you!

When are you sailing?  Are there still cabins available?  With luck, maybe they'll make another round of allocations and this time it will stick!

Good Luck.

7 hours ago, Puffles311 said:

Good morning,

Yesterday we were notified our bid has been accepted for a move within The Haven (original cruise purchase was in The Haven). The room was assigned and credit card was charged. 5 hours later we receive an email saying

"Due to system error, your credit card was processed for xxx for an upgrade that unfortunately was not available. We have issued the refund at this time. I do apologize for any inconvenience."

I checked with the bank and a refund has not been processed. Anyone else have this happen?

Sorry you didn't get the upgrade. The refund will show up within 3 - 5 business days, not because of NCL, but because of your bank (CC issuer).

Unfortunate - it's probably in the fine print somewhere that they could do that, but we know if wouldn't be allowed to happen the other way, if they give you the upgrade and you call to say "never mind". For that, I think it's worth a phone call. The mistake is worthy of some amount of OBC as a gesture of good will and apology for getting your hopes up.

23 hours ago, JandC_Cruising said:

I'm sure the refund will come through...but to learn you won your Haven and then get a retraction email just stinks!  I feel for you!

When are you sailing?  Are there still cabins available?  With luck, maybe they'll make another round of allocations and this time it will stick!

Good Luck.

They had already booked Haven and bid on different type Haven cabin I'm guessing. Maybe some type of suite. Maybe you can't win a bid in same category (Haven) and it was a computer glitch that was caught.