Adult only pool area

bling19572010

10 hours ago, clo said:

Should I have written "pro-bias"?  I have a sincere concern, NBT (or is that nbt?).

I don’t want to play editor - I was just curious about word combination - feeling that being biased  somehow contradicts being liberal. 

Caps or or lower case - your choice ( except on formal night, when Nu Beta Tau is indicated).

Something interesting,or not. I live in an all ages condo.We have 3 pools,an adult pool,a kids pool and a pool for adults and kids.In the nearly 17 years I have been living here I never saw more than 2 people in the adults pool.

The adults and kids pool (not adults with their kids) is always filled to capacity.

3 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

feeling that being biased  somehow contradicts being liberal. 

What I think I wrote (in code!) is that I'm a screaming, card-carrying liberal and have wondered if I'd be happier on an LGBTQ cruise where I'm pretty sure the majority of travelers would be left of center.

Re Nu Beta Tau I've made a note of that 🙂

5 hours ago, lenquixote66 said:

Something interesting,or not. I live in an all ages condo.We have 3 pools,an adult pool,a kids pool and a pool for adults and kids.In the nearly 17 years I have been living here I never saw more than 2 people in the adults pool.

The adults and kids pool (not adults with their kids) is always filled to capacity.

I just have one pool in my backyard and there has not been any children in it since we owned the house 😁

21 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

I don’t want to play editor - I was just curious about word combination - feeling that being biased  somehow contradicts being liberal. 

Caps or or lower case - your choice ( except on formal night, when Nu Beta Tau is indicated).

Are you saying that liberals cannot be biased????

6 hours ago, SRF said:

I think this describes it for me:

To have personal biases is to be human. We all hold our own subjective world views and are influenced and shaped by our experiences, beliefs, values, education, family, friends, peers and others. Being aware of one's biases is vital to both personal well-being and professional success.Jul 12, 2016

Become Aware of Personal Bias, and You'll Improve Ethical Practice

https://www.shrm.org › behavioral-competencies › ethical-practice › pages

So my personal bias is towards progressive/liberal viewpoints.  I'm also a member of ACLU which doesn't always mesh with how I 'feel.'  But I put facts above think/feel/believe.

7 hours ago, SRF said:

Not at all.   

A major part of the original meaning of being liberal was to be tolerant of differences and to believe that people should be largely free of government direction.  This has  evolved into a thinking that government should limit certain individual differences in favor of a greater good - which unavoidably seems to require more, rather than less, government direction.

Most liberals (in my experience) claim to be less biased than conservatives, (and most conservatives similarly claim that they are less biased); the fact is anyone is likely to be biased in favor of his/her political slant.  Someone who self-identifies as an arch-conservative is likely to be heavily biased - just like a self-described screaming liberal.

1 minute ago, navybankerteacher said:

Not at all.   

A major part of the original meaning of being liberal was to be tolerant of differences and to believe that people should be largely free of government direction.  This has  evolved into a thinking that government should limit certain individual differences in favor of a greater good - which unavoidably seems to require more, rather than less, government direction.

Most liberals (in my experience) claim to be less biased than conservatives, (and most conservatives similarly claim that they are less biased); the fact is anyone is likely to be biased in favor of his/her political slant.  Someone who self-identifies as an arch-conservative is likely to be heavily biased - just like a self-described screaming liberal.

Which I believe is the point I was trying to make.