Local Port Jealousy...anyone else?

TPgal

10 hours ago, Jldevlin said:

I take the skytrain downtown to Canada Place and see what ships are in ...sometimes I want to throw rocks at them sitting all nice on the balconies lol ...But most of the time I wave and yell have a great trip ...

Well after having  stayed 3 nights post cruise in Vancouver last year, I have envy of where you live.  I know that Gibraltar is a wonderful place to live,  but if I ever have to live my life again (OK it won’t happen) I may well choose Vancouver instead.  

• Like 1

On 8/12/2019 at 9:27 AM, TPgal said:

We've been looking at those from Seattle but worry that the whole day will be filled with lines (lines to get on, lines to get off, lines to get to the airport in Vancouver, lines to get out of the airport in Seattle....and we've only sailed on NCL, so also wonder if the HA experience would be fun, or is it old people.  😉

I do suppose for a 1 day you don't need much stuff, a change of undergarments and a breathmint.  That could make all the line standing easier. 

We use Bolt Bus between ports. We are in Bellingham so we take Bolt to Seattle, ship from Seattle to vancouver then bolt back to Bellingham. We do not go anywhere near an airport. Lyft/Uber between bus and Seattle port. Sky train goes direct from port to bus in Vancouver. We just take a backpack or beach bag.  We are normally on ship by noon. Lines are not usually bad as it is beginning or end of season.

On 8/11/2019 at 6:59 PM, TPgal said:

Seattle cruises go to Alaska, and...Alaska. We went once and will go again to experience a larger ship, but I have port envy for FL and NYC.   (We are booked on a Canada cruise next year from the MCT.  We will yell to you.  )

Try a repositiong cruise down to California for the Mexico cruise season in the fall.  Quick train ride to Vancouver, and 4+ days of cruise bliss. Also the repo cruises are super cheap and you can spend time down in LA area after before flying home. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, iamaqt2 said:

Try a repositiong cruise down to California for the Mexico cruise season in the fall.

This is a great idea.   I'll start the hunt.

PS - my profile says Seattle because most people don't know Washington, but I'm in the highlands near Hazen.  Hello neighbor.

Yes!

I live right by (5 minutes by cab....) the pier in Manhattan.  But, sometimes we go to the beach in Brooklyn...and about 4:20-5:00 pm we see all the ships passing by and sailing out to sea.

I imagine sitting in the buffet, eating a piece of chocolate cake and drinking tea!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TPgal said:

This is a great idea.   I'll start the hunt.

PS - my profile says Seattle because most people don't know Washington, but I'm in the highlands near Hazen.  Hello neighbor.

Wow we really are close neighbors! I'm just off 4th and Union and I'm a Hazen raisin! Howdy neighbor! 

We live across the water from the port in Vancouver - so I can just about see the ships from my deck (if it wasn't for a few high trees!!), and my commute to work by seabus go directly next door to where the big boys dock ... so yes, I do have serious envy when I see them every day all summer. BUT, we solved it by booking our first Alaska cruise for Sept on the Jewel, no flying and return Vancouver. Easy-peasy! SOOO looking forward to it. 

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 6:25 AM, Jim40 said:

1 hour to Canaveral, 2 hours Tampa, 3 hours Port Everglades .

This!^ I live in central Fla and live 2 hours from Port Canaveral, 1 hour 45 mins from Tampa and 3 hours from Miami. So fortunate to be able to take quick 3-night cruises over a long weekend - although it's still too short! LOL   

Edited by carterd2002