Suite- Concierge/Room Steward and gratuities

slyster

Hi everyone...I was very fortunate to snag a very well priced GS for our upcoming cruise in a couple of weeks.  This will be our first suite and I know that we paid more in gratuities for the suite, but what I don't know is if the concierge is included in those gratuities?  I know that adding to automatic gratuities is an OPTION, but I would like to have some ideas of how one may tip a room steward/concierge above and beyond in a Grand Suite.  We have tipped above and beyond in our balcony staterooms when the room steward has gone above and beyond for us.  IF you do tip above and beyond, do you tip more because it is a suite?    Or would you tip the same as you would in another cabin?  I'm sort of thinking tip for a Concierge would depend if you use their services or visit the Concierge lounge?  I really have no idea LOL so sorry for the barrage of questions!  

Thanks in advance for any feedback you can give.  

The daily gratuities do not include the concierge.  you can tip your cabin steward extra if you like just as if you were in a regular cabin.  It is up to you whether you tip the concierge or not.  All depends how much, if anything they do for you

3 minutes ago, klfrodo said:

Cabin stewards always get more from me. Might be $50, might be an extra $100.

Concierge, on the other hand, might get anywhere from nothing extra to $20, to $50, and yes, $100. all depends.

Do you tip more because you are in a suite vs when you are in a regular cabin?  

4 minutes ago, slyster said:

Do you tip more because you are in a suite vs when you are in a regular cabin?  

Totally up to you, but I would base the tip on how much the concierge helps.

If I utilize the suite concierge for reservation and requests I have tipped $50. Room stewards I tip $50 each if there are two and $100 if one if they do a good job and fulfill my requests. I also tip $25 per bar staff in the suit lounge if they provide me good service. I do not tip concierge if I don't utilize them. 

21 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

I guess I wondered if he gave $50 to $100 more because of being in a suite.  If he were in a regular cabin, would he tip the same amount?  I have a feeling I'm overthinking this.  Where is Merion Mom LOL?  This is another example of my quirky personality LOL!  (I posted about the birth certificates being outdated)

Edited by slyster

Sorry for the minor high-jack to the OP but curious to know the thoughts on tipping the wait staff inside Coastal Kitchen? First does the prepaid tips cover the staff in there? If so or not, How does everyone handle tipping the staff at Coastal Kitchen? What about if you are served by more than one waiter during the week? ie: What if you have been served by many different waitstaff during the week? Are you supposed to tip them all? How do you even keep track of that all week long??? Thoughts???

1 minute ago, bpphoto said:

Sorry for the minor high-jack to the OP but curious to know the thoughts on tipping the wait staff inside Coastal Kitchen? First does the prepaid tips cover the staff in there? If so or not, How does everyone handle tipping the staff at Coastal Kitchen? What about if you are served by more than one waiter during the week? ie: What if you have been served by many different waitstaff during the week? Are you supposed to tip them all? How do you even keep track of that all week long??? Thoughts???

We tip at the end of the week.

7 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

We tip at the end of the week.

If your in a suite do you just tip one waitstaff or multiple waitstaff? Your bound to have more than just one wait on you exspecially if you eat there for all 3 meals throughout the whole cruise...

Edited by bpphoto

5 minutes ago, bpphoto said:

If your in a suite do you just tip one waitstaff or multiple waitstaff? Your bound to have more than just one wait on you exspecially if you eat there for all 3 meals throughout the whole cruise...

We've only had dinner in CK and also requested the same waiter.  If we were having different waiters every time, I'd tip after each meal.

First you will love the grand suites have done them several times really great suite. We tip concierge only if they do something, did not speak more than a couple of words on last cruise so no tip . We tip room steward extra amount depends on service, we also tip a dollar or two for drinks in suite lounge and servers in costal kitchen if your ship has one. 

3 hours ago, George C said:

First you will love the grand suites have done them several times really great suite. We tip concierge only if they do something, did not speak more than a couple of words on last cruise so no tip . We tip room steward extra amount depends on service, we also tip a dollar or two for drinks in suite lounge and servers in costal kitchen if your ship has one. 

What brands of beer, wine are served there?

38 minutes ago, Judyrem said:

What brands of beer, wine are served there?

Wine is really cheap stuff , best is Berringer white zifindel which sells for about 4 dollars a bottle. Decent selection of beers and liquor, but liquor is only from approximately 430 to 8pm 

It all depends on each and every cruise on what we have done we eat every meal in Coastal Kitchen and we ask for the same wait staff each time and we do tip them at the end of the trip we also tip the chef extra due to food allergies he went out of his way last time to make sure my family had good meals and dessert at every dinner that was safe of their allergies which made my mother and daughters so very happy.  The cruise prior to that they never got a desert with any meal in the main dinning room and were very disappointed.

9 minutes ago, George C said:

Wine is really cheap stuff , best is Berringer white zifindel which sells for about 4 dollars a bottle. Decent selection of beers and liquor, but liquor is only from approximately 430 to 8pm 

White Zin, oh no!😝  What kind of beer?

9 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That is what I base my tip on also, very similar to the concierge in the Diamond Lounge.

If i ask or have them do something I tip on that, even if just printing my boarding pass, I provide something.  Then depending on how much effort it requires from them I try to provide a tip that is appropriate