THE TEN WORST CRUISE SHIPS IN THE WORLD

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

The fare from Sydney has been slowly creeping upwards. I think it's about $300pp more than when we booked it. It might be due to the falling AUD. I haven't been watching the Brisbane fares though. The Sydney fare is higher than I like to pay for an inside cabin but hopefully there will be a price reduction further down the track.

It's nearly two years out from the cruise so I'm waiting to see if there is any price movement downward before deciding.

Besides which I need some more FCDs, which I will be getting in November on Ruby.

4 hours ago, greykangaroo said:

I've sailed on the Ovation three times and the Quantum of the Seas  inaugural voyage of 42 days from New York to Singapore.

I've had a gut full of that class.

Before you tell us of your experience, let's not have any of that junk about 'why did you sail on it then"?

The reason is simply that the Ovation was doing cruises that we wanted to do. No other ship was available

Okay, so you don't like it - you haven't explained why - so all I'll say is Quantum is my favourite RCL ship.

That said, I can understand her not being for everyone - many activities are for the active so for those who are less so, there may be less appeal.

3 hours ago, lyndarra said:

I have only cruised on one Princess ship - Sea Princess. Although we had a great cruise (all our cruises have been great one way or another), it was the most run down and tired looking of all the ships we've been on. The main problem with SP was the plumbing. The crew were constantly fixing blocked or overflowing toilets and water leaks from ceilings. Worn fixtures are only visual and don't bother me but damaged carpet or broken furniture can be a hazard. (The cruise was about six years ago and may have been refurbished since then).

I agree with you Lyndarra, you are absolutely right.

We sailed on our greatest adventure on the Sea Princess and the plumbing was so bad we couldn't flush the toilet with out phoning for the plumber. It is the first time I have ever flushed a toilet with the telephone. I had a meeting with the Captain and Chief engineer over it.

Princess send me a cheque for $370 when I got home.

One of our greatest adventures  to Santiago in Chile via Easter Island and Pitcairn Island.

1544502644_EasterIsland.thumb.JPG.d06b0679d56b4be4c596d38440713ced.JPG 

Below the Sea Princess approaches Pitcairn Island at dawn on the 8th of February

It was like being in the Bounty and their approach.

1895613764_SeaPrincess1.jpg.b93aac321e9fbe9bb7a0acae57853d13.jpg

Note the passenger friendly balcony I'm on in this class of ship. [Sun class]

1127724586_PitcairnIsland.thumb.jpg.e09fc48a77f5228510d7978c07379b4a.jpg

Edited by greykangaroo

26 minutes ago, The_Big_M said:

Okay, so you don't like it - you haven't explained why - so all I'll say is Quantum is my favourite RCL ship.

That said, I can understand her not being for everyone - many activities are for the active so for those who are less so, there may be less appeal.

The biggest problem is that there are two many people. When we got to Dunedin on our last cruise there were so many people on the wharf waiting for the shuttle buses that we gave up trying to get into the town itself. It bought it home to us just how overpopulated the ship was. Try queuing for the north star.

As I don't drive a gopher or a wheel chair I know it's hard to believe but I actually do some stuff. But I draw the line at that ridiculous' bone head' rock climbing or 'show off', egotistical surf board riding.

The Quantum ship is based up in China anyway.

1 hour ago, greykangaroo said:

The biggest problem is that there are two many people. When we got to Dunedin on our last cruise there were so many people on the wharf waiting for the shuttle buses that we gave up trying to get into the town itself. It bought it home to us just how overpopulated the ship was. Try queuing for the north star.

As I don't drive a gopher or a wheel chair I know it's hard to believe but I actually do some stuff. But I draw the line at that ridiculous' bone head' rock climbing or 'show off', egotistical surf board riding.

The Quantum ship is based up in China anyway.

Oh, there's a lot of pax for sure. But then, some want Oasis class down here, which is even more pax! And the number of pax isn't the reason for the rating, otherwise per that Oasis class would have an even worse rating.

You shouldn't be queueing for the north star though - the idea with those destination activities is you book in advance. You then should only have a ~10 minute wait to get on (as they get people early to ensure it's not delayed and hence increase the number going through instead of waiting for people to arrive, or having them miss out).

As for rock climbing and surf board riding, the first is on all their ships, and the second on most, so it's again not a reason for this ship to be less popular.

Yes, I know Quantum is in China - it's where I sailed her. But just pointing out I enjoyed this class most. Reasons are the cabins are the best of any RCL ship, and the range of attractions makes it very enjoyable personally, moreso than other ships. Additionally all the tech in 270 is a standout, the multi-use Seaplex has the best variety of active games, the ifly is unique on a ship, and the Solarium is the best relaxing water location on RCL class. There are other special features on board as well, and the modern layout is tastefully done.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/13/2019 at 4:36 PM, OzKiwiJJ said:

So am I, we've booked a PNG cruise on Sapphire.

We did a 28 night cruise on the Sapphire Princess last year and really enjoyed her, nice cabin, good entertainment, liked the layout of the ship.  

11 hours ago, subaru94 said:

We did a 28 night cruise on the Sapphire Princess last year and really enjoyed her, nice cabin, good entertainment, liked the layout of the ship.  

Great ship is the Sapphire, was on her for 23 days last year, Baltics/Scandinavia B2B.  Together with Coral Princess, my favourite Princess vessels.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1