Teens and Diamond Club

1 minute ago, loveheart said:

Oh right. All the Celebrity cruisers I have spoken to never looked at me in a funny way when I tell them I usually sail with RC,  they seem interested in the differences between the cruise lines and our opinions and in general most of them have sailed on both cruise lines. I have never encountered any snobbery. 

yeah don't get me wrong it was definitely most were the same - how long do you get on the internet/ how much for this n that etc ... but for people to comment how it's wrong that we had all this on our first cruise was a little too much! again, I don't judge who n what they are, so why is it ok for them! 

When our cards were passed over for bar service and the like ... one or two shaking heads were obvious! 

Additionally I saw it as a taster cruise in that aspect and has made me see their product in some ways a bit better than Rccl's and cruise more with them, even if one or two of the passengers were on that cruise a little 'obtruse' let's say ha ha  

2 minutes ago, IzznOll17 said:

yeah don't get me wrong it was definitely most were the same - how long do you get on the internet/ how much for this n that etc ... but for people to comment how it's wrong that we had all this on our first cruise was a little too much! again, I don't judge who n what they are, so why is it ok for them! 

When our cards were passed over for bar service and the like ... one or two shaking heads were obvious! 

Additionally I saw it as a taster cruise in that aspect and has made me see their product in some ways a bit better than Rccl's and cruise more with them, even if one or two of the passengers were on that cruise a little 'obtruse' let's say ha ha  

We didn't have anyone tell us we shouldn't get the perks, it's no skin off their nose whether we do or not.

We did a 12 night Caribbean cruise with Celebrity and a 3 night Amsterdam cruise and I wasn't impressed with either so have gone back to RC for now.

I am a bit confused about the celebrity comments. We’ve sailed several celebrity cruises, coincidently  after we became diamond plus on RCCL. The celebrity cruises had the itinerary we wanted,  and in every case, the cruise was slightly less than a similar Royal Caribbean cruise  for the same or even a better cabin  on Celebrity.   We were comparing a balcony on Royal Caribbean, and for the same price we were able to get a concierge or Aqua class on Celebrity. This was four or five years ago.  We simply wanted to give Celebrity a try a few times. 

Our cards had “elite” on them, and how in the world anyone would anyone know whether we were a  first time Celebrity cruiser, or had sailed  Celebrity many times to attain the elite category?   I don’t understand how people report they have funny looks from long time Celebrity cruisers.   It simply doesn’t make sense to me.   

I will admit, that I when went onto the Celebrity boards on CRUISE CRITIC and asked a few questions about being elite, and did get one or two comments that I had reached  elite by default.  

NO ONE, NO, ONE , had  any nasty comments or any nasty looks on board. Why would they?........my card had the same notation as their card. 

Oh and I don’t know why, but on our first celebrity cruise we were asked to have dinner at the captains table.   

M

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am a bit confused about the celebrity comments. We’ve sailed several celebrity cruises, coincidently  after we became diamond plus on RCCL. The celebrity cruises had the itinerary we wanted,  and in every case, the cruise was slightly less than a similar Royal Caribbean cruise  for the same or even a better cabin  on Celebrity.   We were comparing a balcony on Royal Caribbean, and for the same price we were able to get a concierge or Aqua class on Celebrity. This was four or five years ago.  We simply wanted to give Celebrity a try a few times. 

Our cards had “elite” on them, and how in the world anyone would anyone know whether we were a  first time Celebrity cruiser, or had sailed  Celebrity many times to attain the elite category?   I don’t understand how people report they have funny looks from long time Celebrity cruisers.   It simply doesn’t make sense to me.   

I will admit, that I when went onto the Celebrity boards on CRUISE CRITIC and asked a few questions about being elite, and did get one or two comments that I had reached  elite by default.  

NO ONE, NO, ONE , had  any nasty comments or any nasty looks on board. Why would they?........my card had the same notation as their card. 

Oh and I don’t know why, but on our first celebrity cruise we were asked to have dinner at the captains table.   

M

Yes this^^^^ exactly. Our sea pass said Elite I'm sure and any other passengers didn't get a look at my sea pass.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blackshirt said:

I don’t know if the intent is to convert all CL’s to SL’s but a number of ships still have a CL. The Brilliance has a very nice CL that I was looking forward to this past May on its TA to Europe but due to the large number of D+, they decided to restrict access to only suite guests and pinnacle, effectively making it a suite lounge for that sailing. The only CL I have experienced is on Explorer where the lounge is very small and in a bad location. Few people with D Lounge access would select the CL over the DL on that ship.

ALL TAs have unusually high numbers of upper tier members.   

The Voyager  class ships (EX being one of them eventually) are being converted.  The old CL location on deck nine (the dark closet in the middle by the elevators) is being torn out and turned into a number of inside cabins.  Has happened already on sister ship Mariner just recently.  

If you are Diamond, with DL access...you can't access the CL anyway, unless you are in a full suite.  

My favorite CLs indeed are on the Radiance sisters.  Used to be the old cigar bar on VCL deck.  On those ships the original CL was converted to a family JS cabin near the elevator.  

Edited by island lady
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

I am a bit confused about the celebrity comments.....

1 hour ago, loveheart said:

Yes this^^^^ exactly. Our sea pass said Elite I'm sure and any other passengers didn't get a look at my sea pass.

They didn't get a 'look' at ours either - as I've stated earlier, it started when we asked questions with regards to the benefits on the card ( this was a ship that had very few drinks menu's at the bars for some reason - tired ship, tired itinerary - who knows! )

It was a very weird cruise, fraught with several issues on port days in particular so maybe - wrong place, wrong time!

I've yet to experience it since and probably never will - but that said, you could sit a pinnacle next to me and I wouldn't care one iota how they got there!

3 hours ago, IzznOll17 said:

The post was all about them being able to enjoy 'their' benefits AND staying together at the same time!

The child getting temporary or otherwise Diamond status is in my opinion a fairly irrelevant aspect of that when it's already overly abused and taken advantage of in so many ways!

or are you simply saying because THEY chose to take their nephew on a cruise they should forfeit their entitlement to enjoy the lounge? ... 

The OP only asked if the nephew would be allowed in the DL. The answer is clearly no to the OPs question if the nephew isn't at least diamond. No matter the last name. And yes if at least diamond. 

That's sounds like a personal problem "if" (I don't know that and neither do you) they don't want to be separated from their 15 year old nephew.  Then yes they would be making the choice not to go to the DL no matter the time of day or reason. The OP never mentioned anything about needing or wanting to stay together. Only a simple question by the OP, "Hello All:Traveling with my nephew who is 15.  Will he be allowed in the Diamond Club with my hubby and I? Thanks".  The OP wasn't asking for ways to cheat the system as you recommend they do. 

• Like 1

• Clarea locked this topic