Another Day in Paradise

bowen9475

We had visited Paradise Beach last year while on a cruise that stopped in Cozumel. When we booked another cruise, that was again going to Cozumel, everyone wanted to return to Paradise Beach. My oldest son wasn't with us last year so his brother and sister wanted him to experience Paradise. We took a taxi from the port - $15 for 5 of us. We don't drink so we chose the PAYG instead of AI. We paid the $3pp entrance fee and were shown around before being brought to the beach to choose our loungers. Everything was clean and well kept. We bought the $18 fun pass for all 3 kids - 22 yo son, 20 yo daughter and 16 yo son. All 3 had a blast on the inflatables. We easily hit the $10 pp for food and drink. Everything was very good. The staff was attentive but not overly so. We used the pool last year but didn't get over there this year. The kids also had hoped to use the paddleboards or kayaks but they were having so much fun on the inflatables, they just ran out of time. We had another good day and would definitely come back.
Bonus - There was parasailing available right next to Paradise Beach. The kids and I have been trying to parasail for years and it just has never worked out. It was $65 pp. It was only the four of us in the boat and it was awesome!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

We thought the water was fine. We didn't have a problem with seaweed at Paradise Beach. There is a large rocky area but they have a flag at waters edge and a staff member was at the edge telling us to stay on the non-rocky side of the flag. It was a great place to spend several hours.

According to their website, the only options now are All Inclusive ($63) and you can add the Fun Pass option to use the water toys.  When we’ve visited PB in the past, they had the $3 entrance fee and the option to PAYG, as the OP mentioned.  That option isn’t available on the web site, so would we just pay when we get there?  The AI option can be reserved in advance. This really is a great property.  Great staff and grounds are immaculate!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, LHARTWICK said:

According to their website, the only options now are All Inclusive ($63) and you can add the Fun Pass option to use the water toys.  When we’ve visited PB in the past, they had the $3 entrance fee and the option to PAYG, as the OP mentioned.  That option isn’t available on the web site, so would we just pay when we get there?  The AI option can be reserved in advance. This really is a great property.  Great staff and grounds are immaculate!

The non-AI entrance is still listed on the website but it is fairly well hidden in the FAQ since they have revamped (improved?) their website. Obviously you don't pre-book if you are PAYG so that option is not on the pre-booking. They are really pushing the pass since they started it and it is not cheap if you want to add on the water pass.

I seriously doubt those of us who know Paradise Beach will even notice a difference when we arrive.  They may pitch the AI option but I suspect a polite no thank you will result in the payment of $3 each and the excellent service we have known now for over 20 years.  Their menu will still have non-alcoholic drinks and all the great food we love.  I’ll let you know next week after we visit Monday.

46 minutes ago, lifes-a-beach said:

I seriously doubt those of us who know Paradise Beach will even notice a difference when we arrive.  They may pitch the AI option but I suspect a polite no thank you will result in the payment of $3 each and the excellent service we have known now for over 20 years.  Their menu will still have non-alcoholic drinks and all the great food we love.  I’ll let you know next week after we visit Monday.

LOL at the prices they are charging for AI I am sure you are correct! lots of competition in that price range. 

Good facilities and we would return with teens for PAYG but not AI.

Yesterday was another awesome day at Paradise s the first time I’ve ever seen the water down at the beach as clear as Costa Maya.  Chest deep and I could see my feet.  Still $3pp entry.  Still amazing service.  Still good food.  Still lovely pool.  We arrived before 8:30 and had the place to ourselves until probably 11 when a Carnival ship arrived and more people came there.   It rained off and on.  We left around 3 and it was a great day.  

Cab fare was $15 each way.  All tolled I spent about $100 including 6 smoothies, 4 fish tacos and guacamole. 

Excited to check out paradise beach on my next cruise in a couple of weeks,  and am looking for some recent feedback - their website is confusing.

I saw a review that it's $3 pp to get in, but then are all the activities 'a la cart'?   Their website offers an all inclusive pass for $81... but I can't find any other pricing info there other than this pass.  

Thank you!

1 hour ago, HastaLaVistaBaby said:

Excited to check out paradise beach on my next cruise in a couple of weeks,  and am looking for some recent feedback - their website is confusing.

I saw a review that it's $3 pp to get in, but then are all the activities 'a la cart'?   Their website offers an all inclusive pass for $81... but I can't find any other pricing info there other than this pass.  

Thank you!

As stated above their revamped website is not as clear as their old one.

This may help:

https://paradisebeachcozumel.com/getting-to/

As far as A la carte for activities there is a water pass and then a few third party vendors I believe. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, HastaLaVistaBaby said:

Thank you!

You can get the all-inclusive pkg for $63 or with the fun pkg for $81.

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Steve & Pauline said:

There are 6 ships in port on the day of our arrival.  Does Paradise Beach get overly crowded? Would hate to pay that kind of money and have to scramble to find 4 loungers together etc.

You will not have a problem finding chairs together at PB, just choose beach or pool areas.