Celebriy Edge questions

Peggsey

We are new to Celebrity, and have booked an S1 Sky Suite on the Edge for January 2020.  I have several questions about this ship:

Cabin 10144.....does the bed face the ocean or is it against the wall?  I have looked at the google doc re: cabins, but that one is not listed.

Butler service......does the unpacking and packing service really happen???? This would be amazing if someone is going to do that for us!!!!

We are Diamond Plus on Royal and do love their experience, but we were ready to try something new 🙂

Thanks for any help,

Peggy

35 minutes ago, Peggsey said:

We are new to Celebrity, and have booked an S1 Sky Suite on the Edge for January 2020.  I have several questions about this ship:

Cabin 10144.....does the bed face the ocean or is it against the wall?  I have looked at the google doc re: cabins, but that one is not listed.

Butler service......does the unpacking and packing service really happen???? This would be amazing if someone is going to do that for us!!!!

We are Diamond Plus on Royal and do love their experience, but we were ready to try something new 🙂

Thanks for any help,

Peggy

In Sky 1 suite 10144 , the bed faces the ocean.

Yes, your butler will unpack, or pack, your clothing if you request it. We have never asked our butlers to do this as we prefer to handle it ourselves.

We loved the Edge, it is definitely “something new”, and hope you will enjoy it as much as we did. 😊

Edited by C-Dragons
  • Thanks 1

Thanks for replying

1 hour ago, C-Dragons said:

In Sky 1 suite 10144 , the bed faces the ocean.

Yes, your butler will unpack, or pack, your clothing if you request it. We have never asked our butlers to do this as we prefer to handle it ourselves.

We loved the Edge, it is definitely “something new”, and hope you will enjoy it as much as we did. 😊

Thanks for the bed info....looking at the ocean sounds like a fantastic way to wake each morning!  Glad to hear you enjoyed your time on the Edge!!  Can't wait to sail ~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peggy

we always stay in Suites and have never requested that the butler unpack and pack for us.  To us, that is personal thing.  it is one of the services offered, but for us, never used.  There may be guests who do use this service, but in all of our travels we have never met anyone who has.   Enjoy your cruise

Thanks for the replies.  I was intrigued by the thought of having the unpacking and re-packing taken care of, but if I have to be there anyway, that would be awkward to make someone else work, while I sat & watched 👀.  Guess I will save my requests for the butler to help with to be for things I can’t do myself. 

Peggy

Edited by Peggsey

Butlers are there to do things which you can do yourself, but prefer to have someone else do.

I do not think because you have to be present while they are performing this task, it does not mean that you need to 'Overlord' them while they are doing it.

You can be relaxing with canapes and cocktails on your balcony, that they bring while they go about performing their duties with you in the cabin.

Enjoy and bon voyage

• Like 1

I was in cabin 10145 on the Edge, so on port side while you will be on starboard side.  This is a great location, and the bed does face the ocean.  The window from the bathroom is over the bed, so you can look at the sea from the bathroom if you choose to do so.  This location is close enough to the forward elevators that you can easily get to the Retreat Lounge, pool area, and Luminae.  I think you will love the Edge.  Have a great time.

Carolyn

To be honest we have been over 30 cruises in suites and have never had the butler assist in packing or unpacking.   In fact I can only remember once or twice that the butler offered.   I have however had many butlers tell me to just lay our dirty laundry out and he would prepare the Laundry Slip and take care of it. 

Here is a picture of my view from a Sky Suite across the hall from yours. I absolutely loved the view from the bed.

enhance

One time we had had a busy port day and I was too tired to move as the ship was leaving port. I so enjoyed my sailaway in bed. 😊

enhance

This was my view from the bathroom when brushing my teeth:

enhance

I love the set up of these sky suites. All of the port and starboard S1's have this set up of bed facing the ocean and bathroom mirror/window combo (easier access to closet and a bit better bathroom set up, IMO) - their balcony is smaller than the other sky suites, but there is room for two loungers. 

I did also enjoy my stay in an aft S1 as we love the wake views and huge balcony (twice the size of the port/starboard S1's), but missed the bed facing the ocean and mirror/window combo, as well as was a bit annoyed by the closet next to the bed. The walk is longer to all the suite venues, but it all depends upon what is most important - each person will need to decide. There are advantages to each. :classic_smile:

Enjoy 10144!  Would love to have you review the suite on the Edge cabin info sticky after your cruise! 

Edited by vtcruising

30 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Here is a picture of my view from a Sky Suite across the hall from yours. I absolutely loved the view from the bed.

enhance

One time we had had a busy port day and I was too tired to move as the ship was leaving port. I so enjoyed my sailaway in bed. 😊

enhance

This was my view from the bathroom when brushing my teeth:

enhance

I love the set up of these sky suites. All of the port and starboard S1's have this set up of bed facing the ocean and bathroom mirror/window combo (easier access to closet and a bit better bathroom set up, IMO) - their balcony is smaller than the other sky suites, but there is room for two loungers. 

I did also enjoy my stay in an aft S1 as we love the wake views and huge balcony (twice the size of the port/starboard S1's), but missed the bed facing the ocean and mirror/window combo, as well as was a bit annoyed by the closet next to the bed. The walk is longer to all the suite venues, but it all depends upon what is most important - each person will need to decide. There are advantages to each. :classic_smile:

Enjoy 10144!  Would love to have you review the suite on the Edge cabin info sticky after your cruise! 

Thanks for the fantastic pictures.....they make me want to sail today!!  I will be sure to post the cabin information after we do get to sail.  Looking forward to seeing this awesome ship, and enjoying the suite amenities too.  We have never made it to Key West before, so I’m very happy we will be there 1st day.  Costa maya is new for us also.  We have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel is one of our faves.... we do the Cozumel Bar Hop every time!  The other side of this island is so gorgeous 

58C9D81E-1B32-41FD-971D-247E862E22ED.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Peggsey said:

Thanks for the fantastic pictures.....they make me want to sail today!!  I will be sure to post the cabin information after we do get to sail.  Looking forward to seeing this awesome ship, and enjoying the suite amenities too.  We have never made it to Key West before, so I’m very happy we will be there 1st day.  Costa maya is new for us also.  We have been to Grand Cayman and Cozumel is one of our faves.... we do the Cozumel Bar Hop every time!  The other side of this island is so gorgeous 

58C9D81E-1B32-41FD-971D-247E862E22ED.jpeg

Love the hammock picture. My DH's nap spot of choice. In Costa Maya we went to the Maya Chan Beach Resort for the day and loved it. We had our own loungers in the sun, seating in the shade and a hammock, an open bar and authentic Mexican lunch. We also had massages (I think they were $25 each). A wonderful day!

http://costamayabeachresort.com/

We like Key West because we could walk off the ship into town - a fun place to do on your own or to take a foodie/bar tour. It's all good! 🙂

The Edge is a beautiful and fun ship - can't wait to return!

I don't want someone unpacking for me because I'm picky about that sort of thing. But my sister does it. And I don't think she was in the room when he did it the last time we cruised together. I never thought to have them fill out the laundry slip; will have to remember that one.

My last cruise was the first time with the butler and I got the impression he felt like he wasn't doing enough. I guess we're pretty undemanding. We had a great time though.

• Like 1