Specialty Restaurant Question

pnwredhead

Hi All,

I have been on several cruises and have always stuck to the MDR for dinners. One of the things that I like about the MDR is that I can get more then one appetizer or get a main course as an appetizer and an appetizer as a main dish. 

I am very interested in trying a specialty restaurant on my next cruise but I am wondering if you can do the same thing as you do in the MDR or if it is more structured where you can only get one appetizer, one main dish, one desert and only as they come on the menu. 

Thanks for your help! 😃 

From my experience you can get more than one appetizer and more than one side, but only one main course and one desert. Just sticking to one of everything is usually more than enough food for most people. The portions are usually much bigger in the speciality restaurants. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579
  • Like 2

in the steak house   NO  you cant get more then one of each section.   Was rough deciding between crab cakes or onion soup        Portions are bigger in the steak house vs the MDR

If you want more then one   you will pay for it.

But its really  a lot of food.

Now the italian place that was a different thing and we got more then what we wanted.  

Everytime we have eaten in the Steakhouse, you can only order 1 of each category, but we have always had an extra appetizer given to us that the Chef was making for everyone to try. We have always had more food than we could eat.

2 hours ago, serene56 said:

in the steak house   NO  you cant get more then one of each section.   Was rough deciding between crab cakes or onion soup        Portions are bigger in the steak house vs the MDR

If you want more then one   you will pay for it.

But its really  a lot of food.

Now the italian place that was a different thing and we got more then what we wanted.  

On multiple occasions I have had no problem getting multiple appetizers with my soup, essentially swapping out the salad course for a second app.  One entree and two side dishes and then dessert, sometimes wrapped up and enjoyed later that evening in our cabin.

1 hour ago, Wolfshair said:

Everytime we have eaten in the Steakhouse, you can only order 1 of each category, but we have always had an extra appetizer given to us that the Chef was making for everyone to try. We have always had more food than we could eat.

That "extra appetizer" is a one bite called an Amuse Bouche.

• 1 month later...

As others have said, the portions are generally larger than the MDR and we got full both times we went.

We also have had the table at dessert both times with no regrets.

Edited by Chervil