EZ Air Question

travellingnana

24 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

If I book a restricted fare flight through Princess, and I have Princess insurance, is that fare refundable if I need to cancel my cruise for one of their approved reasons?  Thank you...hoping for an answer...so I don’t have to sit on hold.

Yes, but IDK why you would book a restricted airfare.  Must be a particular market as 99% of everything I see, Flexible fares are cheaper, or virtually the same.  Plus, you can check for lower fare before ticketing and change for free. 

It's a non-stop flight to FLL on Jet Blue, and it's only offered as a restricted fare.  My other choices from the West coast either leave at terrible times or have long layovers. 

Final question...do I have to purchase the insurance before I book the flight, or can I still wait to pay for the insurance when final payment is due?  Thank you.

3 minutes ago, travellingnana said:

It's a non-stop flight to FLL on Jet Blue, and it's only offered as a restricted fare.  My other choices from the West coast either leave at terrible times or have long layovers. 

Final question...do I have to purchase the insurance before I book the flight, or can I still wait to pay for the insurance when final payment is due?  Thank you.

Ah yes, I thought of them after I posted.  I have seen that with JB.  It looks like they only offer restricted fares.  May as well book directly with them - unless buying Princess Vacation Protection.

You can pay for the insurance as late as final payment.  However, you are best to know if you have any health risks or the insurance is for other reasons.  Some people like to pay for the insurance when booking as they do not have to worry about some pre-existing condition popping up between booking and final that might affect a potential claim later on.

Edited by steelers36

Don't know how much you are paying for restricted airfare.  Do know they are usually much more than flexible.  Have you looked into flying EZair first class at a flexible price?  I found that for me to fly into FLL from Denver, that there are no non-stop flights in economy or premium economy but nice flights non-stop in first and not much more than a restricted flight would cost.  Just thinking you should check first.

Pooh

11 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Yes, but IDK why you would book a restricted airfare.  Must be a particular market as 99% of everything I see, Flexible fares are cheaper, or virtually the same.  Plus, you can check for lower fare before ticketing and change for free. 

We booked a restricted between Philly and FLL last cruise on Jet Blue. It was just after final payment and was at a significantly lower price, even for the same flight on Jet Blues's website.

2 hours ago, Doug R. said:

We booked a restricted between Philly and FLL last cruise on Jet Blue. It was just after final payment and was at a significantly lower price, even for the same flight on Jet Blues's website.

Yes, I did reply later to another poster that I had forgotten about Jet Blue.  They seems to always offer only Restricted fares on EZ-Air.  They may not save over other Flexible airline alternatives on EZ-Air, but I can believe there can be savings over booking directly.  I have noticed, with limited checking mind you, that often EZ-Air domestic price approximates what airlines sell for "basic economy" while you actually get a "main cabin" booking.

18 hours ago, MGAfhc said:

The Princess website says that for canceled flights with EZair restricted fare  "An airline credit memo will be recorded minus applicable fees."

Basically the same as if you had booked with the airline and then cancelled.  This includes:

a) Can only use any credit on that airline or its partners if booked through that airline. In other words, if you cancelled a Caribbean trip that involved Jet Blue and your next cruise is out of Anchorage, that credit will not do you any good for that cruise.

b) The credit must be used within one year of the date the original restricted fare was purchased. In other words, if you booked the restricted fare March 15 and cancelled December 15, you only have three months left to use the credit.