NCL-Never Again

7SeasLover

Frankly, I'm glad these NCL never-againers won't be sailing on NCL again. I wouldn't want them on my NCL cruises. I can't see blaming NCL for a fake purchase, or for missing your plane, or any of these other strange complaints we've seen of late. It's a shame you point the blame to a major cruiseline and take the opinion that you'll never cruise that line again. That's a very narrow-minded approach, in my opinion.

One must be aware and take things into their own hands. Know when your flights are and how long you can stay at any one place before chances of missing your flight happen. Know what you're buying and if you aren't experienced enough in buying fine jewelry- don't buy it. And don't buy something in a foreign place that's not renowned for producing such items.

With NCL or any other cruise line, the passenger is in control. Be aware, travel smart, and don't leave things for the last minute, such as transportation!

I plan to take many more cruises with NCL because I like their service, and I love the cruiseline. I just wish NCL would go to Russia and Tahiti! If you have a legitimate complaint, handle that responsibly too. And have reasonable expectations for resolution of your complaint.

I look forward to sailing with happy NCL pax! Bon Voyage!

Frankly, I'm glad these NCL never-againers won't be sailing on NCL again. I wouldn't want them on my NCL cruises. I can't see blaming NCL for a fake purchase, or for missing your plane, or any of these other strange complaints we've seen of late. It's a shame you point the blame to a major cruiseline and take the opinion that you'll never cruise that line again. That's a very narrow-minded approach, in my opinion.

One must be aware and take things into their own hands. Know when your flights are and how long you can stay at any one place before chances of missing your flight happen. Know what you're buying and if you aren't experienced enough in buying fine jewelry- don't buy it. And don't buy something in a foreign place that's not renowned for producing such items.

With NCL or any other cruise line, the passenger is in control. Be aware, travel smart, and don't leave things for the last minute, such as transportation!

I plan to take many more cruises with NCL because I like their service, and I love the cruiseline. I just wish NCL would go to Russia and Tahiti! If you have a legitimate complaint, handle that responsibly too. And have reasonable expectations for resolution of your complaint.

Hear! hear!

Very well said............ Hip Hip Hooray

Oh!! I didn't know NCL went to Russia! I must check the Baltic itineraries! Russia and Tahiti are the last two on my MUST DO list. After that, it'll just be cruises that I've been on and enjoy doing again... like all of them! Let's get some 3 or 4 dayers out of Los Angeles!

Oh!! I didn't know NCL went to Russia! I must check the Baltic itineraries! Russia and Tahiti are the last two on my MUST DO list.
I went to Russia with NCL. Did their all day excursion to Moscow...MAGNIFICANT!

I agree!!!!!! I love NCL and all the other lines we have been on. You can't blame a cruiseline if you encounter someone on the ship that is not a perfect employee. A cruise or any other vacation is what you make of it. I am just so happy when I step on the ship that I smile for a week!!!!!

Jeanne

Well, thank you for giving me a thread that I can comment on.

I agree that the fuss over the fake topaz seems to be a tempest in a teapot to me. It doesn't seem out of line to be asked for an appraisal to verify your claim that an item isn't what it is supposed to be so I'm not too sympathetic to someone who isn't willing to get that done. Also it seem to me that a $100 gem is not a very big item to worry about. At that price it seems to me that you just decide if ou like the item or not and who cares if it a topaz or something else for $100 dollars.

I have more sympathy with the person who complained about not being able to buy the transfer on the ship. The thing there is that if NCL has posted on its site that this is available then it is not out of line to me to expect that it will be available for purchase on the ship. Whether the person should have allowed more time to catch the flight or not isn't relevant. To me NCL should stand behind what it tells it's customers either on its web site or over the phone. - now for what you all expect to hear from me- NCL seems to have a poor record for this sort of thing. Based on a number of issues raised on this board I would say that it is very difficult to get reliable information from them no matter how you get in touch with them and I think NCL needs to work on this.

I agree!!!!!! I love NCL and all the other lines we have been on. You can't blame a cruiseline if you encounter someone on the ship that is not a perfect employee. A cruise or any other vacation is what you make of it. I am just so happy when I step on the ship that I smile for a week!!!!!

Jeanne

Jeanne,

My thoughts exactly. Some people are never happy and we do make our own good or bad time. I am also so happy when I step on the ship. It's vacation, and one at sea which makes it even better for me.

Jackie :cool:

My point was that one shouldn't wait until you're ON a cruise to arrange for transportation. Everyone who's an experienced traveler knows not to wait until you're traveling to make homeward bound travel arrangements.

Yes, wouldn't it be nice for all advertisements to be true, in the real world this doesn't happen.

I can appreciate and have more empathy for folks who come onto the NCL board and ask for suggestions or help, not blast and denigrate the entire cruiseline. There's a way to get what you want. This is not the way.

My point was that one shouldn't wait until you're ON a cruise to arrange for transportation. Everyone who's an experienced traveler knows not to wait until you're traveling to make homeward bound travel arrangements.

Yes, wouldn't it be nice for all advertisements to be true, in the real world this doesn't happen.

I can appreciate and have more empathy for folks who come onto the NCL board and ask for suggestions or help, not blast and denigrate the entire cruiseline. There's a way to get what you want. This is not the way.

You are so right. Make all of your arrangements with plenty of time to make your flights. I do a lot of planning ahead of time to make sure that we have plenty of time before and after any cruise that involves flying. We usually try to leave at least a day before and stay a day after the cruise when we fly. Just makes everything easier and less stressful.

Jackie :cool:

This was such a downer weekend on these boards. There were way too many whiners on board. I can't imagine being on a cruise with any of them.

I, for one hope to see some more information, lighthearted posts, and positive input regarding NCL this week.

We will stick with NCL, as our experience so far has been super.

Presently, we are negotiating on 2 more cruises with NCL, and once again, finding dealing with NCL Customer Reps just fine.

If I need to hold on the phone for a few minutes - so what - I am not their only customer.

This weekend, I spent some more time reading other forums. There seems to be dissatisfaction all across the field. Not unusual at all.

It does seem that NCL, for one reason or another, has a much more loyal backing from it's previous happy cruisers.

That, IMHO, truly indicates a very good thing.

Boy if that isn't the truth....My friend works for a tour company...they do tours to Ireland, England & Wales...she just had a complaint letter looking for reimbursement of 2 days on the tour....reason...when the customers arrived at JFK they were denied boarding....why....they left their passports at home and had to reschedule flight....now just how is that the tour companies fault????

Takes all kinds :D

It does seem that NCL, for one reason or another, has a much more loyal backing from it's previous happy cruisers.

That, IMHO, truly indicates a very good thing.

This passion might have a lot to do with online history for many of us that have cruised NCL as well as other lines for years.

Back in the Dark Ages of cruise boards. There were very few and they were general. All lines same board or newsgroup. If you posted you enjoyed NCL you were beaten senseless by the "experienced" cruisers. In fact back then you got the same treatment if you liked Carnival.

That behavior still exists but not to the same extent today. When things heat up here just watch them show up.

I believe CC was the first place with a board of any merit dedicated to NCL. It was an oasis for those that wanted to share information without being embarrassed for selecting NCL.

If there were 10 people logged on it was a crowd. I think years of being abused may have resulted in some of us being a little over protective of our decisions. When someone posts "never again" for no good reason it questions our decision to enjoy NCL.

It was an oasis for those that wanted to share information without being embarrassed for selecting NCL.

When someone posts "never again" for no good reason it questions our decision to enjoy NCL.

I guess I'm the type of person that has never put too much credence in others 'opinions', I have to experience it for myself, as we're all different people.

I have to differ with your statements, for me personally anyway, I've never been embarrassed for any choices I've made, and if they've been good choices for me, I'll defend that. But if they've not been so good for others, I respect their opinion. We're all different people.

And as for - when someone posts 'never again' for no good reason it questions our decision to enjoy NCL - that I differ with too. I don't let others opinions ever question my decisions. If I did, I wouldn't have gone on half the cruises I've been and enjoyed so much.

I guess I'm the type of person that has never put too much credence in others 'opinions', I have to experience it for myself, as we're all different people.

I have to differ with your statements, for me personally anyway, I've never been embarrassed for any choices I've made, and if they've been good choices for me, I'll defend that. But if they've not been so good for others, I respect their opinion. We're all different people.

And as for - when someone posts 'never again' for no good reason it questions our decision to enjoy NCL - that I differ with too. I don't let others opinions ever question my decisions. If I did, I wouldn't have gone on half the cruises I've been and enjoyed so much.

Perhaps I should have said they are trying to embarrass us or make us question our decision. They have not succeeded yet :)

I let the travel agent and my wife do all the work. Then I just sit back and web surf through all the fun things we have planned!

Sure do like all these positive posts. The cruise is what you make it most of the time. My first cruise was the Norway back in 1998. It spoiled me for all other cruises. IMO it is the most beautiful ship on the sea and everything just seemed to go right.

So wherever you are going and whatever line, have a great time!

When someone posts "never again" for no good reason it questions our decision to enjoy NCL.

First, always nice to hear positive things re NCL or otherwise. I just like the whole positive approach better.

Second, and this isn't meant to be snotty or start a fight, but there are companies I simply won't do business with for one reason or another and I suspect some of you may have companies you won't do business with either. My question is this: what would constitute, in your opinion, a "good" reason for someone to say "never again" to NCL?

BTW, I really liked my cruise on NCL.

My question is this: what would constitute, in your opinion, a "good" reason for someone to say "never again" to NCL?

Everyone is going to have their own opinion, and if they didn't like the food, fine, for 'them', that's a good reason not sail NCL again. It's their vacation and of course they want it to be a good one. Everything is a matter of personal taste, and I don't judge their reasons for not wanting to sail a particular line. BUT, as I said above, I've never let another's personal taste haze my own, and go by my own experiences. Plus, I know there's some people that are so hard to please they need to be on an island by themselves. lol

As you said in your post about businesses. I might have a business I had a bad experience with, but if someone else loves them, great, I don't judge others because of their choices. I might like a certain type of shoe that others don't, a drink, an island, etc. etc. etc.

I do get a little worked up sometimes at the people who blame the cruise lines for their missed flights, missed islands, etc. The things the cruiseline has no control over. Just as I would get a little peeved if it were any other kind of business. Say someone blaming the airlines because THEY overpacked their bags and have to pay extra. Or a TA because they were told they needed the right identification and THEY didn't have it.

As for a direct answer (and this would apply to ALL cruiselines)...

My question is this: what would constitute, in your opinion, a "good" reason for someone to say "never again" to NCL?

If I show up and my cabin hasn't been cleaned in a week... there is no room steward and I have to clean my own room... the dinner special is hot dogs and pork and beans... the drink special is Iron City beer... and the entertainment is a bad Elvis impersonator who doubles as Captain of the ship... OH, and the only island we sail to is Staten Island...

okay, then I'll rethink my cruise choice.

Archived