See/View-ing Seaview

Beamafar

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

All's (relatively) good now, thankfully.  DH got the medication he needs to continue with the treatment and is feeling a lot better.

Thats the most important Bea but also happy to hear that thanks to good company you also both managed a reasonably good cruise despite all the trials and tribulations. Inwards and upwards

2 hours ago, BermudaBound2014 said:

Excellent!!! ..... and this thread is on the exact track it is supposed to be. Virtual communities are communities too, and this community stands along side of you.

Yes, and Bea is appreciated for her humane and insightful comments. That’s why we feel for her and Mr Bea. Just reading her comments, you know that she is a good person, that you would like to meet on any cruise.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Zephyr173 said:

Yes, and Bea is appreciated for her humane and insightful comments. That’s why we feel for her and Mr Bea. Just reading her comments, you know that she is a good person, that you would like to meet on any cruise.

Patrick ... I've been reluctant to quote posts on here as I really didn't want to single out just some for replies - they have all warranted individual responses and every one has meant so much to me.  I hope everyone who has been so kind will forgive me and understand why I do single this one out for a separate "Thank You".

There are many, many people on the forum that I have great regard for, especially all who have posted here, and you're one of them.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Like 5

8 hours ago, Beamafar said:

All's (relatively) good now, thankfully.  DH got the medication he needs to continue with the treatment and is feeling a lot better.  He hasn't had a cigarette in over 27 hours  👍 which is also aiding his recovery.

Bea

Regarding the not smoking....  Has DH ever tried Chantix?  I was dubious, but gave it a try.  It really worked for me.  After 2 weeks of smoking while on Chantix (you continue smoking until you're ready to stop), the urge and craving pretty much disappeared.  I couldn't believe it.  From that point on I continued to take Chantix for a total of 6 months and after the first 2 weeks it was actually easy not to smoke.  Easy to quit smoking - imagine that!  It's not cheap, but they actually price it to be about that same cost as smoking for a 1 pack a day smoker.  Just thought I'd mention it.  For me it was a miracle. 

Edited by mnocket

Thanks, MN ... I appreciate that!  The problem with DH was that he didn't want to give up smoking and would never even consider alternatives.  It looks like he's prepared to give up without assistance, but the next couple of days without cigarettes may change his mind - especially when the bronchitis clears up.  I gave up smoking without assistance many years ago, now, and I've told him that the first 3 days are the most difficult.  We're now at 36 hours for him  - so only another 36 to go  😜

In fairness, he had cut down from 20 to 5-6 a day over the last year which resulted in him sleeping better at night (he used to wake up most nights gasping  🙄.  You've no idea how often I'd slag him over having a cig in one hand and an inhaler in the other!)

He's had a wake-up call - firstly, the ECG reading that almost had him removed from the ship 2 days into the cruise;  then the diagnosis of COPD (though I don't believe the doctors should have made a diagnosis without a pulmonary function test - the doctor yesterday says that it could just as easily be asthma returning because he was diagnosed with it years ago when he did a PFT as part of a routine annual check-up.  🤔  and is why he has been prescribed Ventalin over the years.  Only a PFT can determine which it is).

On 9/3/2019 at 1:50 PM, thecruisers6 said:

So glad we will finally meet you both and sample the finest cheesecake New York🤔 and Meraviglia has to offer in October. 😂

On 9/4/2019 at 11:42 PM, CruisingFox27 said:

... we've cheesecake 'gate' to resolve :classic_biggrin:

This day 6 weeks we're boarding  😱  😜

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

This day 6 weeks we're boarding  😱  😜

Blimey it’s getting very close isn’t it! 

5 more weigh-ins then let me at the TSL snacks and cheese cake lol. I have to balance it out though, lobster is very healthy 😂😂😂

• Like 1

It does seem to have suddenly become close to sail date, yipee!

New York cheesecake and key lime pie....mmmmm. I've put on lb's just reading this 😂 Although that could be the carrot cake muffin I'm currently enjoying whilst walking the wilds of Country Leitrim and Sligo. 

I do hope Mr B is continuing to feel better Bea.

23 minutes ago, CruisingFox27 said:

It does seem to have suddenly become close to sail date, yipee!

New York cheesecake and key lime pie....mmmmm. I've put on lb's just reading this 😂 Although that could be the carrot cake muffin I'm currently enjoying whilst walking the wilds of Country Leitrim and Sligo. 

I do hope Mr B is continuing to feel better Bea.

We really won't feel it 'til we're boarding.  😀  I have so many things to do before then, it'll be here before I know it.  My plans for packing have been seriously amended since experiencing Seaview's YIN  😱  I'll definitely be getting a laundry package.  I have to ring MSC to see if I can pre-order/pre-purchase one as we can't do it online in this part of the island.  🙄

Yeats' country - what a beautiful place to be - hope the sun is shining there (as it is here).

DH is doing really well, thankfully, and seems to be almost fully recovered.  The steroids are helping his breathing a lot!  We're hoping we'll be able to get the PFT done before heading to New York, so he can get the relevant treatment plan in place.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Beamafar said:

DH is doing really well, thankfully, and seems to be almost fully recovered.  The steroids are helping his breathing a lot!  We're hoping we'll be able to get the PFT done before heading to New York, so he can get the relevant treatment plan in place.

That's great news,Bea. Hope he continues to improve as sail date approaches. Ken

• Thanks 1

Excellent news on Mr B's improvement. 

I'm trying to avoid thinking about the packing requirements, I have a weekend penciled in at the end of September to address it 😣

It's not raining so I consider that to be a good day 🤣 It's certainly beautiful, we thought we should enjoy some time over the border, whilst we're still allowed 🙄

7 hours ago, Zephyr173 said:

Bea and CF : is your sailing the one with a port call in Quebec?  I live only 200M from there and would be happy to meet you, and drive you around.  DW and I have lived in Quebec a few years.  What’s your fancy?

Thank you for such an incredibly kind gesture, sadly our sailing doesn't include Quebec. We're the following week and primarily visiting Nova Scotia. We were disappointed that we didn't visit Quebec and even more so now. 

Hey Bea, desperate to keep in contact with you, but not really sure how all this works, plus it’s David login and he is certainly not great with it. He likes to read information prior to cruising  but that’s about our limit. Is there anyway we can private message or swap email addresses? Been so worried about what’s been happening. So sorry to hear that recovery hasn’t been great. Wishing you both all the best. Lots of love Claire xx 

3 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Mark ... it's NorwegianCruiser73 - but I don't think he receives alerts with the @ system.  I'll let him know of your request.

Oh dear silly me!

thanks Bea I thought it wasn’t just NC but this system only came up with that! 

33 minutes ago, thecruisers6 said:

@Norweigencruiser

Hope you had a great time on Seaview (apart from that desert!). 

Look forward to watching any videos you have made. 

Mark. 

Good evening from Norway 🇳🇴 

We had a great cruise on the beautiful MSC Seaview and the company was wonderful. Cruising with the Irish was great fun. I really like the Seaside Class even if the ship are a bit to big. The YC experience is more personal on the Fantasia Class. I also find the food portions during dinner in the YC restaurant a bit on the small side... And then the cheesekake 😅 I will for sure make a video from the cruise. Stay tuned. Personally I do recommend the Seaside Class. They are great ships and offer a lot of entertainment and offers onboard. 

Edited by Norwegian Cruiser 73