How obstructed can the balconies get on the Epic

judydoc

Epic doesn't have any obstructed balconies, which means that nothing will be in front of your view directly out from the ship. You might not be able to look down directly to the water line if a life boat is there, but even without the boat there you have to lean over the railing to see straight down anyway. I do nto believe that it is anything to be concerned about.

When you book a sailaway or guaranteed balcony on the Epic, there is a good chance of being assigned a hull (PrivaSea) balcony cabin in the front of the ship. If an enclosed hull balcony does not appeal to you, consider a sailaway mini suite. All the Epic mini suites are well located midship near the stairs/elevators.

On 9/8/2019 at 11:12 AM, JohnChiang said:

When you book a sailaway or guaranteed balcony on the Epic, there is a good chance of being assigned a hull (PrivaSea) balcony cabin in the front of the ship. If an enclosed hull balcony does not appeal to you, consider a sailaway mini suite. All the Epic mini suites are well located midship near the stairs/elevators.

We had one of these, and the balcony was huge. But totally enclosed, with a "porthole" cut in the side of the hull. While it was a  large hole, it wasn't large enough to be able to see the horizon or sea from within the cabin unless you were standing up. Sitting or on the bed all you saw was a small patch of sky.

But standing at the porthole did offer some nice views.

hull-balcony.jpg

14 hours ago, fshagan said:

We had one of these, and the balcony was huge. But totally enclosed, with a "porthole" cut in the side of the hull. While it was a  large hole, it wasn't large enough to be able to see the horizon or sea from within the cabin unless you were standing up. Sitting or on the bed all you saw was a small patch of sky.

But standing at the porthole did offer some nice views.

hull-balcony.jpg

We were just assigned 11017.  Is this what it will look like   I found another picture on the internet and it wasn't like this.

On 9/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, judydoc said:

We were just assigned 11017.  Is this what it will look like   I found another picture on the internet and it wasn't like this.

I don't recall the cabin we were in. We were all the way forward and below the bridge. This image purports to show cabin 11017, and it has the porthole set up.

249701385340939.jpg

1 minute ago, fshagan said:

I don't recall the cabin we were in. We were all the way forward and below the bridge. This image purports to show cabin 11017, and it has the porthole set up.

249701385340939.jpg

That's not a porthole, that's an enclosed balcony.  A porthole is a small circular window.

I had a balcony on Breakaway.  No cabins directly above life boats. I will say i mostly sat when on balcony so saw the ocean.  Only when standing do you see anything like lifeboats.  I did not find it an issue at all.

BTW i choose my location and paid dearly.this was not a sailaway rate.