No NFL on Jewel. Why

jskinsd

I was able to stream the Thursday night game on Amazon Prime about the Getaway. It probably helped that the game started at 2:20am local.time but the picture quality was perfect. I watched it in O'Sheehans...they eventually closed but not before providing me with enough Guinness to get me through the game. 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2019 at 2:42 PM, blcruising said:

It was asked if the general manager during the q and a and he honestly said it was too expensive for NCL to purchase the rights to broadcast the game.

I think this is spot on. The NFL wants to NCL to pay for the same stuff they broadcast over the air for free. Not NCL's fault.

Edited by salty dingo

On 9/7/2019 at 1:21 PM, jskinsd said:

I am on the Jewel now and there was no Thursday Night football.  Is this happening on all ships.   We are in Alaska cruising American ports and cannot get American football. What is going on.  Seem to remember watching football last season on this ship. 

Seems you have beaten this to death, over and over again. You started this thread to complain there was no football. Then you claim you cruise to Alaska for a month and really don't care if you watch football, but then you lambaste NCL for not thinking of YOU and not getting you your NFL game.

I was on your cruise and although I was also upset that there were no NFL games, I asked, and got a very reasonable explanation why, but you want to ignore that and still insist it is all about money. Yes it is. Why buy an NFL package to show Australians, when the one Australian who posted here didn't even know what NFL football was. I guess just because you are an American and feel you are entitled to get whatever you think you need, and have very little regard for what other nationalities really want and NCL is giving them.

Just drop it already. Now you are home and can watch what you like.

Cheers

Len

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Giantfan13 said:

Seems you have beaten this to death, over and over again. You started this thread to complain there was no football. Then you claim you cruise to Alaska for a month and really don't care if you watch football, but then you lambaste NCL for not thinking of YOU and not getting you your NFL game.

I was on your cruise and although I was also upset that there were no NFL games, I asked, and got a very reasonable explanation why, but you want to ignore that and still insist it is all about money. Yes it is. Why buy an NFL package to show Australians, when the one Australian who posted here didn't even know what NFL football was. I guess just because you are an American and feel you are entitled to get whatever you think you need, and have very little regard for what other nationalities really want and NCL is giving them.

Just drop it already. Now you are home and can watch what you like.

Cheers

Len

Sorry Len.  Not home for long.  Will be back on another cruise next week on the Joy.  16 day Panama Canal.  Two more Sundays.  Maybe this ship will carry the NFL.  And if not, I will be back home on another cruise ship.  Cruising again and again.

I am back.   On the Joy in Cabo.   Guess what?  We have football.   To bad that anyone who cruises the Jewel this season will not.   Oh well.  NCL did listen.   Sent me a nice email regarding my concern.  I want to thank NCL for responding.  They also sent me a little give for my current cruise.   NCL will listen to you.   Happy to watch football again on an NCL cruise ship.  Thank you again NCL for your courtesy.