11am flight from Singapore after cruise

suekay

We wouldn't normally consider booking such an early flight, but really need to get home the same day and all other flights depart late evening. How realistic would an 11am flight be given that the ship docks at 7am?  TIA

7 minutes ago, suekay said:

We wouldn't normally consider booking such an early flight, but really need to get home the same day and all other flights depart late evening. How realistic would an 11am flight be given that the ship docks at 7am?  TIA

Princess will say what is the earliest flight time they recommend that you should book. 

It is best to stay within those parameters.

ALL other flights?  From a major hub such as SIN?

With a simple search on ITA matrix, I found a Singapore flight to FRA that connected into MAN.  Leaves SIN around 14:00 and gets into MAN around 22:30.  Or some that get in early in the morning the next day.

Remember that you're flying around 7000 miles -- to expect to do it all the same day may have been a bit unrealistic on your part.

Ship arrives at 07:00 (if not delayed due to weather), then comes immigration and customs clearence for the ship say 07:30.

Self disembark (if allowed), people start queung early (real early, heard that before 05:00 queue started), then through immigration and customs, say 08:00.

Transport to airport (pre arrange a private transfer), hopefully not a week day say 08:30

Airport is huge, long walks, then checkin (maybe 350 other passengers before you), say ??:??.

Walk to and through secuity gate (long?) say ??:??

Walk to gate.

Latest checkin / loading aircraft at Gate say 10:30.

Is it doable? I would say 30% yes, but what a stressful time after such a marvellous cruise, on the cruise worrying if you will make the flight. Book another holiday to get over the stress.

I personally would go for the other option, as another member stated a flight at 14:00.

Whateve you decide have a great cruise.

Hi,

I would feel uncomfortable with that small of a timeframe. There are so many things that can just take a little longer than expected and you will miss your flight. But if you really have to go back as soon as possible I would also check with the cruise line and maybe there are other flights? Or maybe disembark a day earlier?

3 hours ago, G.M.T. said:

Ship arrives at 07:00 (if not delayed due to weather), then comes immigration and customs clearence for the ship say 07:30.

Self disembark (if allowed), people start queung early (real early, heard that before 05:00 queue started), then through immigration and customs, say 08:00.

Transport to airport (pre arrange a private transfer), hopefully not a week day say 08:30

Airport is huge, long walks, then checkin (maybe 350 other passengers before you), say ??:??.

Walk to and through secuity gate (long?) say ??:??

Walk to gate.

Latest checkin / loading aircraft at Gate say 10:30.

Is it doable? I would say 30% yes, but what a stressful time after such a marvellous cruise, on the cruise worrying if you will make the flight. Book another holiday to get over the stress.

I personally would go for the other option, as another member stated a flight at 14:00.

Whateve you decide have a great cruise.

Depending on the terminal, security may or may not be done at the gate itself...which can either speed or slow things down. Terminals 1-3 do security at the gate; Terminal 4 does security at a common checkpoint.

1 hour ago, Hlitner said:

If we knew that it was possible to take a later flight, if we missed the early flight, without any penalties then it might be a plan.  Otherwise, the risk reward calculation is not good.

Hank

And these days, especially on infrequent (1x daily, give or take) routes like most longhauls, that's a horrible gamble and your risk reward calculation is appropriately poor.

1 hour ago, Zach1213 said:

And these days, especially on infrequent (1x daily, give or take) routes like most longhauls, that's a horrible gamble and your risk reward calculation is appropriately poor.

+1

And of course, it ultimately depends on the specific provisions of the fare rules for your ticket.

I think you should consider allotting leeway time from disembarking the ship to your flight back home. An 11 AM flight when your ship will be docking at 7 AM is too tight. You have to consider possible delays during disembarkation and check-in procedures. It's better to give yourself more time instead of risking missing the flight and paying more to buy another ticket back home.  

One further thought.

Even if you get to the airport long before your flight leaves, Changi is one of the great airports of the world.  Free movie theater, butterfly garden, superb shopping, spa, swimming pool and more.  One of the better places to have to spend time.